Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Ozone Generator?
Original Message   Jun 19, 2008 11:55 am
Has anyone every used an "Ozone Generator"? Do they work at getting rid of mold & mildew and the related smells? Would you rent one for $35 a day?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Just

Re: Ozone Generator?
Reply #1   Jul 1, 2008 5:53 pm
In answer to your question,

Yes,

Yes,

and I have.

I had a basement flood last fall.  The flood restroation company brought out Ozone generators as well as big-honking dehumidifiers.  The Ozone was supposed to supress the mold growth while they were drying things out.  The cost was $35 per day.

Now I will add, would I continue to run one of these after the restoration?  NO.  The ozone irritates your lung tissue, if you are asmatic as I am it worsens the symptons, In my case the benefit of the temporary use of an ozone generator to kill the mold out weighed the health effects of the ozone later as I would not be in the area of the ozone as much as I would the mold if it were allowed to grow.  As mold is one of my triggers it was necessary to get rid of it as quickly as possible.  I will add that they also used anti-microbic sprays in the clean up.  Luckily it was clean water flood (broken pipe) so we didn't have to deal with the problems of muddy or dark water invasion.

Motorhead

Re: Ozone Generator?
Reply #2   Jul 2, 2008 1:42 am
I also heard that ozone generators work wonders at deodorizing cloth outer vacuum bags...
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42