Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Original Message   May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORECK - The business, the history, the machine, the man and related.

(Below: Oreck 1979 to 2008)

< yr. 1979  < yr. 5/2008

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 88 - 97 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Reply #88   Jun 12, 2008 7:41 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I see you are still grasping for a life preserver.  It would take a year for an Oreck to suck up that much dirt.

HARDSELL:

A new dyson DC25 would have to be dumped at least 4 times by the user to only one ORECK bag change after picking up equal amounts of baking soda.  And ORECK would take less time to do the job!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 12, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #89   Jun 12, 2008 9:03 am
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

A new dyson DC25 would have to be dumped at least 4 times by the user to only one ORECK bag change after picking up equal amounts of baking soda.  And ORECK would take less time to do the job!

Carmine D.

You have performed this test. Right?
CarmineD

Reply #90   Jun 12, 2008 3:56 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You have performed this test. Right?

Absolutely not.  It's a bogus test.  I told you that.  A 6 quart bag holds more than a 1 1/2 quart dirt bin.  Do the math.  4 bin dumps to one bag change for baking soda.  My sense is the dirt bin will have to be dumped even more than 4 times.  And you will have to clean the pre-motor filter at least once and more likely again after the job.  

ORECK will have the job done after the first dirt bin dumping and still be picking up baking soda with more room left in the bag.  Edge cleaning grooves on the ORECK soleplate plus the largest edge brushing whiskers in the vacuum industry are wonderful features for barefloor cleaning including baking soda.  Too bad your favorite bagless brand has neither.  Of course, you will probably have to convert to tool suction mode.  While you are fiddling with the hose and wands, ORECK will be done.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #91   Jun 12, 2008 4:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Absolutely not.  It's a bogus test.  I told you that.  A 6 quart bag holds more than a 1 1/2 quart dirt bin.  Do the math.  4 bin dumps to one bag change for baking soda.  My sense is the dirt bin will have to be dumped even more than 4 times.  And you will have to clean the pre-motor filter at least once and more likely again after the job.  

ORECK will have the job done after the first dirt bin dumping and still be picking up baking soda with more room left in the bag.  Edge cleaning grooves on the ORECK soleplate plus the largest edge brushing whiskers in the vacuum industry are wonderful features for barefloor cleaning including baking soda.  Too bad your favorite bagless brand has neither.  Of course, you will probably have to convert to tool suction mode.  While you are fiddling with the hose and wands, ORECK will be done.

Carmine D.

My sense is the Orreck will require changing several bags to be able to pick up 6 qts of baking soda.  Before you start your BS opinions just do the test and report back.  Opinions are like ash holes.  this includes mine and yours.
CarmineD

Reply #92   Jun 12, 2008 6:26 pm
HARDSELL:

Your sense is non-sense.  Just like your bogus baking soda tests.  ORECK devours everything on the floors including baking soda if it were there.  And remarkably for its lightweight and size, in less time, with less effort, and using less electrical energy than your full sized, overpriced [by your own admission] underperforming bagless piece of bootleg bojack nothing excuse for a vacuum. 

In a few months, the big box stores will relegate them to discountinued and clearance aisles where they belong.  To make room for real vacuum cleaners that are worthy of being called by the name and capable of being sold.  And when they do, I hope you are still posting here, so I can direct you to the stores.  Then you can tell us how cheaply you bought the best Chinaville slave labor made vacuum that you can't live without.  Except you always have.  Might even be able to pay cash without selling your new set of golf clubs and lawnmower.  BTW, is that a bagged or bagless lawnmower?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #93   Jun 12, 2008 9:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

Your sense is non-sense.  Just like your bogus baking soda tests.  ORECK devours everything on the floors including baking soda if it were there.  And remarkably for its lightweight and size, in less time, with less effort, and using less electrical energy than your full sized, overpriced [by your own admission] underperforming bagless piece of bootleg bojack nothing excuse for a vacuum. 

In a few months, the big box stores will relegate them to discountinued and clearance aisles where they belong.  To make room for real vacuum cleaners that are worthy of being called by the name and capable of being sold.  And when they do, I hope you are still posting here, so I can direct you to the stores.  Then you can tell us how cheaply you bought the best Chinaville slave labor made vacuum that you can't live without.  Except you always have.  Might even be able to pay cash without selling your new set of golf clubs and lawnmower.  BTW, is that a bagged or bagless lawnmower?

Carmine D.

Put your money where your mouth is.  When you prove that the Oreck will hold 6 qts of baking soda report back.  Otherwise stop all the BS.

Carmine, I have spent more than you ever made.  I can afford to pay more (in cash) than $150 like you paid for the Oreck.  Tell us what country your TV was made in.

The mower is both.  Not sure you understand that. I only mulch the lawn.  You know I do not like those filthy bags.

This message was modified Jun 12, 2008 by HARDSELL
CarmineD

Reply #94   Jun 13, 2008 7:46 am
HARDSELL:

It seems I constantly have to educate you.  When will you ever learn?  Read carefully!

It's not how much you make that's important.  it's how much you spend. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 13, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #95   Jun 13, 2008 7:53 am
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

It seems I constantly have to educate you.  When will you ever learn?  Read carefully!

It's not how much you make that's important.  it's how much you spend. 

Carmine D.

You should learn that it is not what you read but what you comprehend.  You either have a problem with comprehension or you are an habitual liar.  I suspedt both.
CarmineD

Reply #96   Jun 13, 2008 8:06 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You should learn that it is not what you read but what you comprehend. 

HARDSELL:

As a fan of William Shakespeare, I agree with you.  Many, like you, read him.  Few, like me, comprehend him. 

Neither a lender nor a borrower be!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 13, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #97   Jun 18, 2008 3:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Sorry HARDSELL:

Not homes.  But, in the independent vacuum stores.  Whenever a customer asks about how good/bad a dyson is, out comes the kapoc.  Toss some on the rug and ask the potential dyson customer to pick it up with a dyson DC07/14.  The result nixes the dyson sale and interest for good. 

Then the store owner/operator does the kapoc test with his/her vacuum[s] of choice.  Like the ORECK.  The new vacuum sale is made. 

Dyson and the kapoc test have revolutionized and reinvigorated the sales of all non-dyson vacuums in the independent vacuum stores.  I'm told its the best demo test to nix a dyson and sell another brand than any other demo in the vacuum industry.    

Carmine D.

---------------------------------------------

Carmine,

As you and Mole have pointed out in past posts that dishonesty was a big part of vacuum selling history and today we should assume it is no longer rampant (wink, wink).  We should put full weight in these dealers who use James’ weakest brush roll arrangement when doing a so-called “test” (wink) using Kapok.  I sleep better knowing of all the “Honest Abe’s” out there that are on the side of consumers (wink).        DIB

Replies: 88 - 97 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42