Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 130 - 139 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #130   Jun 8, 2008 6:43 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
And Dyson is not depending on you.  Final time.  I will buy another Dyson. At my convenience.

The fact that you use an Oreck as opposed to Hoover (which you sold) speaks how much you lied to past customers.

Hello HARDSELL:  You'll own another dyson if and when someone gives you one. You won't buy a new one.  Not after selling the DC07 several years into using it; buying and returning a new dyson DC14 and then buying and now owning a Royal Eminence for $299 [bagged] instead.  You're letting dyson down.  Won't get a new one that way.

HOOVER WT and ORECK XL uprights are tops in their class and very affordable.  I recommend both for rug/carpet cleaning.  The only caveat for ORECK is on very high shag carpeting.  Better to buy a HOOVER/ brand model with a rug height adjustment.  That leaves your free brand out too.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 8, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #131   Jun 8, 2008 8:11 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DC18:

Thank you.  Dyson did the same with me here in the USA.  Emailed back quickly and said it would pass my recommendations/suggestions to engineers for future consideration [height adjustment for carpets]. 

Despite the critical comments on the shortcomings of the HELPLINE support and inherent design weaknesses of the DC07 pink with respect to its difficulty in use over my carpets, the dyson email was very gracious. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine D

Good to see you passed on suggestions to Dyson.  

DC18 

HARDSELL

Reply #132   Jun 8, 2008 9:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:  You'll own another dyson if and when someone gives you one. You won't buy a new one.  Not after selling the DC07 several years into using it; buying and returning a new dyson DC14 and then buying and now owning a Royal Eminence for $299 [bagged] instead.  You're letting dyson down.  Won't get a new one that way.

HOOVER WT and ORECK XL uprights are tops in their class and very affordable.  I recommend both for rug/carpet cleaning.  The only caveat for ORECK is on very high shag carpeting.  Better to buy a HOOVER/ brand model with a rug height adjustment.  That leaves your free brand out too.

Carmine D.

Too bad that Dyson outclasses them.

What about those years of selling hoover and telling customers that they were better than Oreck/   Is there any dout that you have no credibility?

CarmineD

Reply #133   Jun 9, 2008 7:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Too bad that Dyson outclasses them.

What about those years of selling hoover and telling customers that they were better than Oreck/   Is there any dout that you have no credibility?

Hello HARDSELL:

I was a HOOVER, EUREKA, and Panasonic warranty dealer concurrently.  And Westinghouse for a brief period in the late 50's.  I sold all rebuilts including ORECK.  Repaired all makes, including ORECK.  I mentioned before that ORECK customers were among the most pleased with them and rarely ever were ORECK-s traded in.  Even to the door to door vacuum sellers like Air-Way, Kirby, and Electrolux. 

My dear Wife was the force behind buying the ORECK.  She always liked it and wanted one.  So I bought one, used it, and was so impressed I bought 3 more and gifted them to family and friends.  I use my ORECK daily.  Won't use any other on my rugs and floors.  ORECK is a worthy brand, good preformer, and a decent price.  Plus its made in the USA by Americans.  Win-win.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 9, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #134   Jun 9, 2008 9:33 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

I was a HOOVER, EUREKA, and Panasonic warranty dealer concurrently.  And Westinghouse for a brief period in the late 50's.  I sold all rebuilts including ORECK.  Repaired all makes, including ORECK.  I mentioned before that ORECK customers were among the most pleased with them and rarely ever were ORECK-s traded in.  Even to the door to door vacuum sellers like Air-Way, Kirby, and Electrolux. 

My dear Wife was the force behind buying the ORECK.  She always liked it and wanted one.  So I bought one, used it, and was so impressed I bought 3 more and gifted them to family and friends.  I use my ORECK daily.  Won't use any other on my rugs and floors.  ORECK is a worthy brand, good preformer, and a decent price.  Plus its made in the USA by Americans.  Win-win.

Carmine D.

Pure genius.  A pro for 40 years who did not know the virtues of an Oreck.  Did your wife also pick out the Explorer?
CarmineD

Reply #135   Jun 9, 2008 1:23 pm
HARDSELL:

I recall you sold a Dodge Charger 40 years ago and then a dyson recently although you regret both actions and are kicking yourself for doing so.

How did you know my dear Wife is a genius.  That's why she married me.  She picked the Ford Escape, not Explorer. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 9, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #136   Jun 11, 2008 7:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
It's both HARDSELL: Fair to middlin performance at the highest vacuum prices and consumers' cutting back.  Put the two together and dyson goes to the mat with a one-two knock out punch. 

You're living proof of it.  A former dyson buyer and user.  Rave over it.  Won't buy another dyson now.  Returned the one you did buy because you were unhappy with it.  Went with a $299 Royal Eminence instead.  BAGGED no less!  Talk about doing the twist!

Carmine D.

I would like to pose a question to the DYSONITES,

Why do you feel that DYSON has revised their filter cleaning schedule,

1 could it be that the new level3,system is not as good as the old roots system.

2 could the brush roll change in the newer dc series machines really picked up the cleaning effectiveness,and the filtration system cant keep up with it/

3 or the dyson engineers are now thinking about going bagged.

4 or it was just bull$hit from the beginning.

your replys are welcome...........

MOLE
HARDSELL

Reply #137   Jun 11, 2008 8:54 pm
mole wrote:

1 could it be that the new level3,system is not as good as the old roots system.

2 could the brush roll change in the newer dc series machines really picked up the cleaning effectiveness,and the filtration system cant keep up with it/

MOLE

# 4.  I am of course referring to you and Carmine about the bullsheet.

We already know that Dyson put you and Carmine in a pinch therefore all the hate.

CarmineD

Reply #138   Jun 11, 2008 9:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
It's both HARDSELL: Fair to middlin performance at the highest vacuum prices and consumers' cutting back.  Put the two together and dyson goes to the mat with a one-two knock out punch. 

You're living proof of it.  A former dyson buyer and user.  Rave over it.  Won't buy another dyson now.  Returned the one you did buy because you were unhappy with it.  Went with a $299 Royal Eminence instead.  BAGGED no less!  Talk about doing the twist!

Carmine D.

MOLE
Hello MOLE:  Add one more significant downsize/degradation to the latest dyson DC25 mix: Reduced bin size.  From .5 gallons [2 quarts] in the DC14 dirt bin to .3 gallons [1.5 quarts] in the DC25.  Why?  Filter maintenance increased and bin size decreased? 
What sayest thou dyson fans?  Please don't give the answer because of the ball wheel technology.  Carmine D.
This message was modified Jun 11, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #139   Jun 12, 2008 7:17 am
HARDSELL wrote:
# 4.  I am of course referring to you and Carmine about the bullsheet.

We already know that Dyson put you and Carmine in a pinch therefore all the hate.

HARDSELL:

The only bull dunk on this site comes from you and other dyson fans spewing untrue claims about how great dyson art.  And it's flowing like mud now that the myth and lies are uncovered.  No hate here for dyson from MOLE and I.   Just the plain and simple facts about it. 

You rave and rant about the dyson brand for over 3 years.  What do you do?  Sell the DC07 that was gifted to you.  Using the funds to buy a DC14 from SEARS, one of your least favorite retailers, and then return the DC14 to get your money back. 

Wait, you haven't even gotten started yet.  It gets better!  What do you do then?  Go to an indy vacuum store [that you constantly criticize here for not selling dysons] and buy a bagged Royal Eminence for $299.    After all this, what do you have to say?  Well I don't really like the Royal, its not as good as a dyson.  I can kick myself every day when I use the Royal.  I miss my dyson.  Like selling my Dodge Charger 40 years ago.  Always me.  Poor me.  I called the dealer and he won't give me a deal to buy another dyson and trade my Royal.  See, I bought  a new set of golf clubs for $2000 and a lawnmower.  So my credit is maxed out.  I have to wait awhile.  BTW, was that a bagged/bagless lawnmower?

What should we conclude from all this?  A word comes to mind.  Your word.  Hint: Look up!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 12, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 130 - 139 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42