Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Kirby ultimate G,used whats it worth.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Kirby ultimate G,used whats it worth.
Original Message   Jun 2, 2008 8:58 am
What is a fair asking price for a kirby ultimateG,[model g7d], it has the following new genuine kirby parts,brush roll,bag tube,cord,fan and pully kit,belt ,bulb,carbons with holders,the machine is mechanically as good as new,cosmetics on a 1 to 10 score i would give it a 7. It comes with a 5 year parts and labor warranty,on the motor and fan unit and the transmission.

I was thinking around 275.00,[whats your thoughts]

MOLE

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Just

Re: Kirby ultimate G,used whats it worth.
Reply #11   Jun 6, 2008 3:00 pm
mole wrote:
J.P.T.,

.Just be honest with them,stand behind your words..................

MOLE

And I think the five year warranty you are offering is a great way to stand behind it.  That's even longer warranty  than the machine had when it was new.

This message was modified Jun 6, 2008 by Just
Venson

Reply #12   Jun 6, 2008 4:25 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Big V, you make a good point,but the market determines the selling prices.As you know i do all the rebuilding myself on my own time,i have everything available to me from parts distributors, to work stations, to showrooms, to marketing outlets.

350.00 for an ultimate G is a bargain,but you are better off selling it for the going price on the internet. Like Carmine says you have to have a willing buyer,so nevertheless,he who has the money wins.It does me no good sitting on my showroom floor.

B.T.W. kirbys are a dime a dozen,I like to buy in bulk 20 or 30 a time,the more i buy the better the deal,[SHOW THEM THE MONEY THEY ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO GET RID OF THEM], Kirbys,e series rainbows,aerus/electroluxes,filter queens,tristars,still sell like mad on the net.

THE-MOLE

Hiya Mole,

I'm sure that there are ins and outs as far as business goes but I can't imagine who wouldn't be willing to pay $350 for a used or rebuilt Ultimate G -- if they liked Kirby.  Because of the "if" I recommend putting a precious few on the floor unless you plan to market them online.  If we're just talking about having product to sell -- Kirby is not the ideal machine for someone who just wants a vacuum cleaner.  That's what Dirt Devils are for.

From what I've seen the real wishful thinkers are the folks who put a used Kirby models on the block at eBay for $500 and above -- with no warranty offered or even implied. 

I like the current TriStar MG2 and a bunch of other "luxury" machines but both prices for new and used models are too high to turn me on.  As I mentioned, contrary to that I did indeed finally break down and get a new Miele S5980 but only because I could land it and the SEB 236 PN for a flat $900.  I would not have been interested otherwise. 

No folks, I did not buy the machine on the internet -- and it did not "fall off the truck."  I did negotiate with an independent against what I could get one for on eBay.  I'm a happy camper.

Best,

Venson

mole

Reply #13   Jun 6, 2008 4:55 pm
Just wrote:
And I think the five year warranty you are offering is a great way to stand behind it.  That's even longer warranty  than the machine had when it was new.

Hi J.P.T.

I know very well what the kirby factory warranty is,3 years parts and labor, except the B parts brushes,belts, bulbs,

I have literally taken and rebuilt thousands of kirbys from the dual50's thru the sentrias. The generation series machines motor and bearings are almost fail proof, although a couple of G4's have been known for carbon lock.[an easy fix] when a kirby is done right and used in a normal household setting the average life expectancy is 40 years with 1 or 2 tune ups in between.

The only time i have had problems with kirbys is when unqualified HACKS try and repair them,and pretty much sabotage them just to try and sell the customer what they push[you can fill in the blanks].
I really despise when vac shops do this and many do, and deserve to be run out of town.......................

MOLE
Just

Reply #14   Jun 6, 2008 5:16 pm
mole wrote:
Hi J.P.T.

a kirby is done right and used in a normal household setting the average life expectancy is 40 years with 1 or 2 tune ups in between.

MOLE

I have an Omega that just turned 33 last Friday.  It's all original save for belts and roller brushes.

How often should you have the carbon brushes checked under normal usage?

mole

Reply #15   Jun 6, 2008 5:18 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Mole,

I'm sure that there are ins and outs as far as business goes but I can't imagine who wouldn't be willing to pay $350 for a used or rebuilt Ultimate G -- if they liked Kirby.  Because of the "if" I recommend putting a precious few on the floor unless you plan to market them online.  If we're just talking about having product to sell -- Kirby is not the ideal machine for someone who just wants a vacuum cleaner.  That's what Dirt Devils are for.

From what I've seen the real wishful thinkers are the folks who put a used Kirby models on the block at eBay for $500 and above -- with no warranty offered or even implied. 

I like the current TriStar MG2 and a bunch of other "luxury" machines but both prices for new and used models are too high to turn me on.  As I mentioned, contrary to that I did indeed finally break down and get a new Miele S5980 but only because I could land it and the SEB 236 PN for a flat $900.  I would not have been interested otherwise. 

No folks, I did not buy the machine on the internet -- and it did not "fall off the truck."  I did negotiate with an independent against what I could get one for on eBay.  I'm a happy camper.

Best,

Venson

Big V, I respect your input and know that your a SAVVY shopper and innovative YANKEE [not the baseball team]. You should be from MAINE or New Hampshire. But the trick in business today is cashflow,

Congrats on the miele purchase, B.T.W. whats the warranty on the miele

Thanks

MOLE
mole

Reply #16   Jun 6, 2008 5:38 pm
Just wrote:
I have an Omega that just turned 33 last Friday.  It's all original save for belts and roller brushes.

How often should you have the carbon brushes checked under normal usage?

J.P.T. the carbons should be checked every 5 to 7 years, if you used the attachments a lot the motor speed is really going to the high C and should be looked at every 2 years to be on the safe side,Its really easy to check ,pull the 3 screws on the motor housing  [under the cover where the cord goes there is a screw also] and under neath where the rear wheel are there is a screw also, take all these out and the motor housing pull off to the rear,you will see a plastic carbon brush cover on top of the carbon take this off and to pull the carbon out depress the spade connector you will see a lip toward the outerside of the holder if the carbon is a half to 3/4 inch long they are O.K oem origional kirby carbons are very hard and i think yours should be marked with a b88 code,if they are worn use only the new carbons are O.E.M. that have the code on them,they look like HOOVER 22 v but are much harder than the hoover ones.

DONT BE AFRAID OF THIS ITS NOT THAT HARD EVEN HARDSELL CAN DO IT,,,,,,,

MOLE
Venson

Reply #17   Jun 6, 2008 8:00 pm
mole wrote:
Big V, I respect your input and know that your a SAVVY shopper and innovative YANKEE [not the baseball team]. You should be from MAINE or New Hampshire. But the trick in business today is cashflow,

Congrats on the miele purchase, B.T.W. whats the warranty on the miele

Thanks

MOLE

Hi Mole,

The warranty covers seven years in regard to the Vortex motor and up to a couple of years, I think, on some of the lesser components.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #18   Jun 7, 2008 7:46 am
Venson wrote:
Hiya Mole,

As I mentioned, contrary to that I did indeed finally break down and get a new Miele S5980 but only because I could land it and the SEB 236 PN for a flat $900.  I would not have been interested otherwise. 

Best,

Venson

Hello Venson:

A MIELE!  Must have been quite a break down!  Congrats. Tell us all about it!  Please.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 7, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #19   Jun 8, 2008 9:55 am
mole wrote:

DONT BE AFRAID OF THIS ITS NOT THAT HARD EVEN HARDSELL CAN DO IT,,,,,,,

MOLE
Mole,

Do you actually believe this?
mole

Reply #20   Jun 9, 2008 2:00 pm
H,S,

since your a gearhead,i figured this should be a piece of cake for you.Of course you probally dont want to get your liitle biarch fingers dirty.

MOLE
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42