Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 53 - 62 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Acerone

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #53   May 27, 2008 5:35 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Here is 2 of 2 Dyson DC24 commercials that has aired thus far.        DIB</p><p>Thanks Ace for heads up on this ad.

Yes, that's the one... What do you mean by 2 of 2?
Motorhead

Reply #54   May 27, 2008 5:53 pm
Carmine, once again your Depends are full.  Tom Gasko does not post on Abbysguide, and after speaking to him recently he said he couldn't care less.  It was me (not Tom) who was incredulous that you were able to purchase an XL for $150 plus shipping, $100 more than they're worth.

-MH
This message was modified May 27, 2008 by Motorhead
DysonInventsBig

Reply #55   May 27, 2008 5:57 pm
Acerone wrote:
Yes, that's the one... What do you mean by 2 of 2?

This is the latest ad or the second t.v. commercial of the DC24 I've seen thus far, I simply ID'd it by calling it 2of2.        DIB

Acerone

Reply #56   May 27, 2008 6:31 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
This is the latest ad or the second t.v. commercial of the DC24 I've seen thus far, I simply ID'd it by calling it 2of2.        DIB

I see thanks for posting it...
CarmineD

Reply #57   May 27, 2008 7:04 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Carmine, once again your Depends are full.  Tom Gasko does not post on Abbysguide, and after speaking to him recently he said he couldn't care less.  It was me (not Tom) who was incredulous that you were able to purchase an XL for $150 plus shipping, $100 more than they're worth.

-MH

Hi again Tom:

What it is full of............. depends.  You'll full of Tom Gasko.  Or as friends of yours say:  Tom XXXXXXX!  With friends like these who needs........................and you can fill in the rest.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2008 by a moderator
HARDSELL

Reply #58   May 27, 2008 8:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Lucky1:

I was not directing to you.  It was meant for both HARDSELL and Tom Gasko who recently posted back to back here with their incredulousness over my purchase of a new Oreck XL upright for $150 plus shipping.  Not that I fault them for being suspicious and wanting proof.  I am a firm believer in the famous Reagan saying: Trust but verify.  When I encounter doubting Thomases, I like to provide verification.  This email offer and Oreck web site ad provided an excellent opportunity to assuage their doubts.

Carmine D.

Carmine,  Please verify were I doubted that you bought and Oreck for $150.   The local papers were full of adds last week for $150 Orecks.  I doubt that many were sold.  You know the old bait and switch upgrade game.  My bet is that most left the store with one of those $50 XL21's that sell for almost $800
CarmineD

Reply #59   May 28, 2008 7:36 am
Hello HARDSELL:

Not only are you a little late [repetitive] to the discussion but your memory is failing too.  

My point in posting: An Oreck XL Classic upright can be purchased without the giveaways for $150-$199 with/wo free shipping and a 1-3 year warranty.  You and Tom Gasko posted that Oreck didn't do such a deal/I had to have an "in" [buddy deal were Tom's words] with Oreck/sales people to get a deal like I did. 

Heck of a deal.  $199, free shipping, 3 year warranty.   

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #60   May 28, 2008 8:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

Not only are you a little late [repetitive] to the discussion but your memory is failing too.  

My point in posting: An Oreck XL Classic upright can be purchased without the giveaways for $150-$199 with/wo free shipping and a 1-3 year warranty.  You and Tom Gasko posted that Oreck didn't do such a deal/I had to

(This is not very clear)

have an "in" [buddy deal were Tom's words] with Oreck/sales people to get a deal like I did. 

Heck of a deal.  $199, free shipping, 3 year warranty.   

Carmine D.

As usual you are misquoting what  I really said in an attempt to show your brilliance.   I simply and honestly stated that the Oreck store where I went refused to sell the vacuum sans the free gifts.

I already stated that the local papers were full of $150 Oreck ads last week.  If the vac is available and you pay $199 the shipping is not free.  Looka like you are as gullible as the rest for Ol Dave's BS freebies.

CarmineD

Reply #61   May 28, 2008 12:28 pm
Hello HARDSELL:

Good to know that your memory is s-l-o-w-l-y coming back again.  My brilliance however must have impaired your reading skills.  So I quoted the Oreck ad here:

Offer valid through 5/28/08. Free Shipping applies to Standard Shipping only within the continental US. (Does not apply to Express Shipping.) There is a $25.00 additional charge for delivery to Alaska and Hawaii, a $50.00 additional charge for delivery to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and a $75.00 additional charge for delivery to Guam.

Continental doesn't mean European breakfast here.  It means contiguous.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 28, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #62   May 28, 2008 4:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

Good to know that your memory is s-l-o-w-l-y coming back again.  My brilliance however must have impaired your reading skills.  So I quoted the Oreck ad here:

Offer valid through 5/28/08. Free Shipping applies to Standard Shipping only within the continental US. (Does not apply to Express Shipping.) There is a $25.00 additional charge for delivery to Alaska and Hawaii, a $50.00 additional charge for delivery to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and a $75.00 additional charge for delivery to Guam.

Continental doesn't mean European breakfast here.  It means contiguous.  

Carmine D.

I did not read any fine print because I had no intention of paying $150 or more for an electric broom.
Replies: 53 - 62 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42