Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 43 - 52 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #43   May 23, 2008 12:49 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,the phrase is motorized hoky,I heard that one from a hoover rep in the early 80's.......

MOLE

Hi Mole:

Thank you.  I love it!  HOOVER is the source of many of the vacuum industry's terms and vernacular.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #44   May 23, 2008 2:51 pm
I would LOVE to have the stats on how many people respond to that ad who actually walk out of the store with the $199 model vs another more costly version!

Me thinks this is a classic advertising/marketing bait and switch....
CarmineD

Reply #45   May 23, 2008 6:08 pm
Hello Lucky1:

It's an on-line order, good for one day.  Free shipping.  $199 for the upright with a 3 year warranty.  I'm considering buying another as a gift for someone. 

I bought 4 in the last year of the same model from a mailed offer to me.   $150 each, plus shipping and taxes, with a one year warranty. 

It do happen despite the doubters.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 23, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #46   May 23, 2008 6:11 pm
And the oreck owned stores can advertise this also at 199.00,some evem give bags away with the machine,

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #47   May 23, 2008 6:19 pm
mole wrote:
And the oreck owned stores can advertise this also at 199.00,some evem give bags away with the machine,

MOLE

Hi Mole:

I posted the Oreck website.  If you look at the top, Oreck has the Memorial Day Special for $199 advertised in a banner.  The offer I posted came to me by email.  My sense is that a customer can go to an Oreck owned store with the ad in hand and buy from the store for $199 and get the bags free with the purchase.  Maybe an extra belt or two? 

http://www.oreck.com/oreck-xl-upright/index.cfm 

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 23, 2008 by CarmineD
Lucky1

Reply #48   May 24, 2008 12:52 pm
I wasn't doubting the offer wasn't true. If a savvy consumer (similar to yourself) with a sense of purpose wanted that version I'm quite sure it could be had. BUT I'm also quite sure a customer who went to the Oreck shop for that specific deal, (with less vacuum knowledge), would walk out with ANOTHER, PRICIER machine.
M00seUK

Reply #49   May 24, 2008 2:06 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I wasn't doubting the offer wasn't true. If a savvy consumer (similar to yourself) with a sense of purpose wanted that version I'm quite sure it could be had. BUT I'm also quite sure a customer who went to the Oreck shop for that specific deal, (with less vacuum knowledge), would walk out with ANOTHER, PRICIER machine.

Just go along carrying $200 in cold, hard cash and wave it around saying "This is what I have to spend on a vacuum!"
DysonInventsBig

Reply #50   May 24, 2008 2:27 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Just go along carrying $200 in cold, hard cash and wave it around saying "This is what I have to spend on a vacuum!"

"...and if you try to sell me anything else, I'm walkin."  But most cannot or do not do this.
This message was modified May 24, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #51   May 24, 2008 4:28 pm
Lucky1 wrote:

Hello Lucky1:

I was not directing to you.  It was meant for both HARDSELL and Tom Gasko who recently posted back to back here with their incredulousness over my purchase of a new Oreck XL upright for $150 plus shipping.  Not that I fault them for being suspicious and wanting proof.  I am a firm believer in the famous Reagan saying: Trust but verify.  When I encounter doubting Thomases, I like to provide verification.  This email offer and Oreck web site ad provided an excellent opportunity to assuage their doubts.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 24, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #52   May 27, 2008 4:47 pm
 <  Here is 2nd of 2 Dyson DC24 commercials that I've seen aired thus far.

Thanks Ace for heads up on this ad.        DIB

This message was modified May 27, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 43 - 52 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42