Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux -- First Quarter 2008 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Electrolux -- First Quarter 2008 . . .
Original Message   Apr 29, 2008 10:31 am
Hi all,

Following is a link to a news article regarding the up and down sides for Electrolux during this year's first quarter.

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/553091.html

Best,

Venson

Replies: 121 - 130 of 140Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Electrolux -- First Quarter 2008 . . .
Reply #121   May 29, 2008 2:04 am
Oreck patents - Filed in 1979. 1)  http://www.google.com/patents?id=mpc3AAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=oreck#PPP1,M1

2)  http://www.google.com/patents?id=59wxAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=oreck

< Oreck in 5/2008

This message was modified May 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #122   May 29, 2008 7:40 am
Hello Guys:

My, my.  How did we go from Electrolux, to dyson to ORECK?  Start an Oreck thread if you want to ask and answer questions about the most recognized man in the vacuum industry and his machines and business.  That is a more appropriate thread than this one.  Then all the ORECK facts will not be buried and hard to find.

But here's a taste for you:  Just focus on the 475-500 Oreck stores nationwide and do the math just for the real estate and ORECK store employees.  Not chinese/malay contractors [like dyson].  Impressive?  More opening every week too.  45 plus years of history in the US vacuum industry.  All vacuums still made in the USA.  $150-$199 for a US made vacuum with a 1-3 year warranty and 45 year history is a patriotic bargain. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 29, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #123   May 29, 2008 8:15 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Guys:

My, my.  How did we go from Electrolux, to dyson to ORECK?  Start an Oreck thread if you want to ask and answer questions about the most recognized man in the vacuum industry and his machines and business.  That is a more appropriate thread than this one.  Then all the ORECK facts will not be buried and hard to find.

But here's a taste for you:  Just focus on the 475-500 Oreck stores nationwide and do the math just for the real estate and ORECK store employees.  Not chinese/malay contractors [like dyson].  Impressive?  More opening every week too.  45 plus years of history in the US vacuum industry.  All vacuums still made in the USA.  $150-$199 for a US made vacuum with a 1-3 year warranty and 45 year history is a patriotic bargain. 

Carmine D.

You should know better than anyone about getting off subject.  You add Dyson to every thread, regardless of the topic.  Payback can be hell.

Recognition of a founder and all the other references that you mention do not equal performance nor quality.  That 1- 3 year warranty is the biggest cost associated with an Oreck purchase.  Why no 5 or 6 year warranty?  The only impressive thing about Oreck is how they continue to sell inferior products. 

As for the XL21 warranty.  They must charge about $700 to $750 for that warranty.

CarmineD

Reply #124   May 29, 2008 8:54 am
Same old HARDSELL and post material.  Nothing new yet? You're boring my man like the vacuums you pitch.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #125   May 29, 2008 12:23 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Same old HARDSELL and post material.  Nothing new yet? You're boring my man like the vacuums you pitch.

Carmine D.

I understand Carmine.  You never have a response when you are bested.

Nothing new certainly applies to Oreck.  I find it very amusing that you once bragged about Hoover's superiority.  They failed, largely due to Dyson.  We never heard about the wonderful Oreck back then.  Since you failed so miserably with Hoover you are now trying to tell us that Oreck is the greatest.

LOL.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #126   May 29, 2008 2:44 pm

Hey Carmine,

I started an Oreck thread and am looking forward to discussions there.

I am glad to hear of the many Oreck franchisees and seeing how the franchise concept is good for countless of peoples and the world.  My wife’s grandfather worked directly under the inventor of the franchise concept – Mr. Howard Johnson.  Some history books and t.v. history shows credit him and/or A&W for the original concept but most credit him with the polishing or honing the concept into a money maker for many.  I have never heard of him *bellyaching over others “barrowing” his invention.  Said grandfather co-invented chocolate chip ice cream (while working for Mr. Johnson) for which our family does not receive a dime.  Dyson muscling Kenneth is fiction.  Kenneth was out invented by an ex-furniture designer (I recently learned) and not an engineer as I once thought.          DIB

*Bellyaching by Kenneth J. and his team of lawyers.

This message was modified May 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #127   May 29, 2008 4:13 pm
Hello DIB:

But you did not provide your reference source for the dyson info.  Don't have an authoritative source?  Just made up from bits and pieces here and there?  How do we know its reliable?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #128   May 29, 2008 4:24 pm
HARDSELL:

I know you are reading challenged.  But follow me here.  TTA owns HOOVER, VAX, DIRT DEVIL, ROYAL.  It is the largest maker and seller of vacuums in the USA.  Period, end of story.

ORECK is a niche seller: Lightweights and hotels/motels.  Each is famous in their own right and have a captured loyal market. 

Dyson has slogans and high prices.  A toy with a purpose.  Mediocre at best industry reviews from both sides of the pond.  And that's being generous to dyson.  The signature dyson model, the DC07, is and has been a flop in the USA.  It's being discontinued for failing to perform well on many US carpets, including mine and many others.  It's overriding weakness: a sub par brush roll.  If you invent a vacuum, I don't care how advanced the technology, and put a toy brush on it, it ain't worth $400.  In fact it ain't worth $100.  End of story.  Anyone who can't understand and believe that as a basic truth is blind in love with James Dyson.  And we have a bunch of posters here who are and are proud of it.

You impugn ORECK for being a $199 lightweight 8 pound vacuum.  Compare its brush roll to dyson's DC07 and DC14.  I'd take the $199 ORECK over the $400 DC07/DC14 anyday and in everyway.   And in fact I have and continue to.  Success speaks for itself.  Failure to perform at any price is still failure.

If dyson and dyson fans were so impressed with the DC07 and DC14, they would not be obsolete now after less than 5 years.  The norm for the industry is 7.  Truth is the DC07 and DC14 were obsolete when they were launched in the USA.  Why?  Brush roll.  The worse in the industry bar none.  James Dyson is lucky as heck to have sold as many as he did before the using vacuum public realized the vacuum is nothing more than an overpriced toy with a purpose.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #129   May 29, 2008 8:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

I know you are reading challenged.  But follow me here.  TTA owns HOOVER, VAX, DIRT DEVIL, ROYAL.  It is the largest maker and seller of vacuums in the USA.  Period, end of story.

ORECK is a niche seller: Lightweights and hotels/motels.  Each is famous in their own right and have a captured loyal market. 

Dyson has slogans and high prices.  A toy with a purpose.  Mediocre at best industry reviews from both sides of the pond.  And that's being generous to dyson.  The signature dyson model, the DC07, is and has been a flop in the USA.  It's being discontinued for failing to perform well on many US carpets, including mine and many others.  It's overriding weakness: a sub par brush roll.  If you invent a vacuum, I don't care how advanced the technology, and put a toy brush on it, it ain't worth $400.  In fact it ain't worth $100.  End of story.  Anyone who can't understand and believe that as a basic truth is blind in love with James Dyson.  And we have a bunch of posters here who are and are proud of it.

You impugn ORECK for being a $199 lightweight 8 pound vacuum.  Compare its brush roll to dyson's DC07 and DC14.  I'd take the $199 ORECK over the $400 DC07/DC14 anyday and in everyway.   And in fact I have and continue to.  Success speaks for itself.  Failure to perform at any price is still failure.

If dyson and dyson fans were so impressed with the DC07 and DC14, they would not be obsolete now after less than 5 years.  The norm for the industry is 7.  Truth is the DC07 and DC14 were obsolete when they were launched in the USA.  Why?  Brush roll.  The worse in the industry bar none.  James Dyson is lucky as heck to have sold as many as he did before the using vacuum public realized the vacuum is nothing more than an overpriced toy with a purpose.

Carmine D.

Give us something that we haven't heard about vacuums 1000 times from you.  Oreck is popular in hotels only because it is light weight.  Certainly not for cleaning ability.

Consumers ahve said more positive things about Dyson than any other brand that I have read about.  Old timers will likely stick to old brands.  The younger generations are more savy about technology.  More people drive Chrysler, Ford and Chevy than Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus.  Which is best?

We have had prior discusions on this but I will ask again.  If the Dyson performed better than the Oreck for me and vice versa for you what makes your opion better.  The name Carmine means nothing to me.  You really shou;ld upgrade that builder grade carpet.  If Dyson is not worth $400 the XL21 is certainly not worth $600.  End of story.

Success in my home speaks louder than your BS.

CarmineD

Reply #130   May 30, 2008 7:27 am
Hello HARDSELL:

I still have and use my Oreck as a daily vacuum.  And bought 4 more.  What did you do with the DC07 that you rant and rave about? 

Let's stick to Electrolux here and take the Oreck discussion to the ORECK thread.  And ditch all the other non-sense about cars and TV's which is irrelevant to readers and posters here.  They belong on another site. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 30, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 121 - 130 of 140Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42