Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 19 - 28 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Airblade

Re: Dyson and other Vacuum related videos...
Reply #19   Apr 25, 2008 9:26 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DC18,

It is always nice to get a response, I can count on yours.  Thanks.        DIB

Airblade,

Can you tell us how successful the DC18 was and if its success encouraged James to finance, develop and release more turning/pivoting Ball vacuums?  Thanks!        DIB

Hey DIB,
I'm fairly certain that the DC24/25 vacs were in development before the DC18's success could be measured.  The majority of consumers that tried the DC15 thought that the idea was spectacular, but it was heavy..........there was always a plan to 'slim' it down.

Last I checked, DC18 was the #2 selling sku for Dyson, behind the DC17 Animal.
CarmineD

Reply #20   Apr 26, 2008 7:43 am
Airblade wrote:

Hello Matt:

Are you talking units sold, or dollars?  I'm not familiar with "sku."

Carmine D.

Airblade

Reply #21   Apr 26, 2008 8:13 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Matt:

Are you talking units sold, or dollars?  I'm not familiar with "sku."

Carmine D.

Both units and dollars

SKU is short for stock-keeping unit.  It is a very common retail acronym.  According to Wikipedia, a sku is a unique identifyer (usually a number) for each of the distinct products and services that can be ordered from a supplier.

DC18 would be the model and DC18 All Floors would be the sku.
CarmineD

Reply #22   Apr 26, 2008 8:15 am
Thanks, Matt. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #23   Apr 27, 2008 6:32 pm
Airblade wrote:
Hey DIB,
I'm fairly certain that the DC24/25 vacs were in development before the DC18's success could be measured.  The majority of consumers that tried the DC15 thought that the idea was spectacular, but it was heavy..........there was always a plan to 'slim' it down.

Airblade.

Thank you for your response.  I was not at all expecting the 2 most expensive non-Ball uprights to be 1 and 2 in SKU’s.  With their MSRP’s of $500 and $479… amazing!  Well, it seems Dyson’s 2 biggest spenders/consumers are those who want 1) Dyson’s best - in what is believed to be best in suction and/or filtering.  And 2) Dyson’s best in maneuverability and weight, even if a little suction and filtering is sacrificed to keep the weight down.  A woman I know said she had a Dyson.  I asked which one?  She said, I do not know but I told my husband to by the best Dyson.  She described the vacuum and it was the DC17.

James’ latest offerings have a singular "strong" look – the yellow (color for now) Ball line.  Am I to assume the DC25 is to replace the DC18?  James looks to be purposely creating a bold/uniformed signature look with the DC24/25 Ball’s.  These Ball vacuums sitting at retail are screaming “Look at me, I’m different – try me out and see if I can maneuver as good as James claims.”  I love the very simple yet ingenious DC18 ball design.  I’m curious, was launching the DC18 for the purpose of getting a quick to engineer/get in the publics hands so to finally prove a turning/pivoting market and to get feedback for the next Ball version?  To me, the DC25’s primary benefit for the user over the DC18 is the 20 extra airwatts.  The DC25's benefit for Dyson is it allows Dyson to advertise and claim the DC25’s suction is as good as full sized cousins.  My guess is the 200 airwatts of the DC18 could be a bit of a sticking point for consumers.

Thanks again.        DIB

This message was modified Apr 28, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #24   Apr 28, 2008 7:41 am

DIB wrote:

"Airblade.

Thank you for your response.  I was not at all expecting the 2 most expensive non-Ball uprights to be 1 and 2 in SKU’s [DC17 and 18].  With their MSRP’s of $500 and $479…"

Hello DIB:

Most big box retailers are discounting the DC17 and DC18 dyson models from MSRP.  But they don't advertise the prices. 

For example, we recently emailed about dysons not being on sale during several back to back Kohl's sales.  I noted that 2 Kohl's stores in N. Las Vegas have marked down the DC17 and DC18 models to $409 and $369 respectively.  Of course, they can't advertise the sale prices else be in violation of dyson MAP.  I don't know how long they have been discounted at these prices.  I recall also that K-mart and BEST BUY stores are selling these models, unadvertised of course, for comparable prices to Kohl's.  My sense is the lower prices account for the sales popularity too.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 28, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #25   May 5, 2008 3:43 pm
Dyson vacuums are made in Malaysia.  Packaging for the DC21 and DC24 are pictured below.

This message was modified May 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #26   May 5, 2008 5:53 pm
James Dyson video interview on Fox News - 12/2007
This message was modified May 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #27   May 5, 2008 6:25 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB:

12/2008?  Are you going back to the future?

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #28   May 5, 2008 11:32 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

12/2008?  Are you going back to the future?

Carmine D.

1.21 gigawatts can do that sometimes. :)  I was in a rush,  it never pays to be rushed.        DIB

Replies: 19 - 28 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42