Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > 5 Year Warranty-BISSELL Healthy Home

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

5 Year Warranty-BISSELL Healthy Home
Original Message   Apr 6, 2008 2:11 pm
Smart move.  Good timing.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/c/UprightVacuum/p/HealthyHomeVacuum/product.aspx

Several of this weekend's ads by retailers feature the Healthy Home.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Acerone

Re: 5 Year Warranty-BISSELL Healthy Home
Reply #1   Apr 6, 2008 2:28 pm
Nice... 5 Years is perfect...

I just bought a Bissell Steam Mop.... 2 thumbs up... ;-)

This message was modified Apr 6, 2008 by Acerone
Lucky1

Reply #2   Apr 6, 2008 8:19 pm
Not being a fan of Bissell... I have to ask if 5 years is not going to come back and haunt them? Or will they hope people will just give up and either not return it or are willing/want to ship it to an authorized repair shop... similar to what happens with unhappy Dyson customers. If it only costs a few bucks to make but they charge alot it MAY be worth it. (At least for first time Bissell buyers)
CarmineD

Reply #3   Apr 7, 2008 8:07 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
Not being a fan of Bissell... I have to ask if 5 years is not going to come back and haunt them? Or will they hope people will just give up and either not return it or are willing/want to ship it to an authorized repair shop... similar to what happens with unhappy Dyson customers. If it only costs a few bucks to make but they charge alot it MAY be worth it. (At least for first time Bissell buyers)

Hello Lucky1:

I'm not a BISSELL advocate either.  But I like the Healthy Home for the price.  Constructed well.  Nice brush roll [very similar to the HOOVER WT].  Large dirt bin and sturdy bin components like the latches, dirt bin lid and seal.  Nice attachments.  Decent Turbo tool on-board.  Originally came with a 2 year warranty.  If there are not a network of authorized BISSELL dealers in place and the vacuums fail under warranty, it could be problematic.  But considering the $250 MSRP before discounts of 20 percent/$50 Giftcards, my sense is that bagless upright vacuum buyers on a limited budget will be inclined to buy the Healthy Home with the 5 year warranty.  BTW, the Healthy Home's mantra is: "Non-stop suction."  I think retailers are more inclined to sell with the 5 year warranty. 

I'm seriously thinking of buying the Healthy Home as a replacement for my HOOVER WT Supreme which turns 2 years the beginning the August.  I have a donee in mind for the HOOVER, so it will have a happy home.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 7, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #4   Sep 11, 2008 1:15 pm
BISSELL Healthy Home snags a respectable 13 out of 36 overall by Consumer Reports in October 2008.  With its $250 price and 5 year warranty, it becomes a very viable and worthy bagless competitor in today's vacuum market.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 11, 2008 by CarmineD
Lucky1

Reply #5   Sep 12, 2008 10:16 am
I've been getting a few HH's in lately. Seems the weight of the machine and the push/pull loosen the handles and separate the contacts, causing the machine to turn off. I've noticed there is only one screw holding it. The problem could be solved with two screws to relieve the stress. I've been putting in a longer screw to fix them.
CarmineD

Reply #6   Sep 12, 2008 12:56 pm
Hello Lucky1:

Thanks for the info on the BISSELL HH.  Sounds like you have an excellent workaround to fix.

Many years ago the HOOVER Dials had a similar problem with the male/female connection inside the handle and the handle bolt.  Both came undone.  [Not to mention the breakage on the casing where the handle was inserted caused by the loosening bolt].

HOOVER solved the problem with a longer screw that inserted into the plug connection.  Solved the problem. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #7   Sep 13, 2008 7:26 am
With the D,A,M.S. handle socket problems, I remember these well,

Carmine remember the aftermarket handle bracket kit, that had to be drilled and bolted to the cleaner housing? I must have done hundreds of them.

The weight of the machine and the pull push while cleaning, the handle bolt backed out and the handle got all loose goosee, and cracked the housings,a little lock tite on the bolt would have stopped the problem.

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #8   Sep 13, 2008 3:17 pm
Hello MOLE:

I used quite a few of the brackets too.  Very unsightly but they were a bootleg quick and easy fix which was inexpensive for the customers.  HOOVER forced their customers to buy and replace the entire casing.  A costly repair.  The 3 position height adjustments and then the power assisted Dials ultimately resolved the problem.

The loctite solution is a remedy you adapted to vacuums from your automobile experience.  N-I-C-E-L-Y done.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42