Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 251 - 260 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #251   Apr 5, 2008 2:25 pm
HI H.S. i agree but it takes 2 hands to handle the whopper......................

MOLE
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #252   Apr 5, 2008 2:32 pm
I can't see Dyson putting a filter indicator on the domestic machines.  I can see why he put it on the 'constant max' commercial cleaner. Unless he changes his mind.  In the early days (and I would of thought he would still think the same today!) he hated the so called 'bag full' indicator on bagged machines.  As for disposible filters I can't see him going back to these as that is what the DC01, DC02 and ealry DC03 had and that would put extra running costs onto owning the machine.  Hence they developed a washable one.  Yes the cyclone technology over the years on later models has improved but Dyson mentions 'no extra running costs' as part of the marketing of the machines.  So going backwards to replacement\disposible filters is a step back.

I think the long term answer is to develope the cyclone technology further to reduce the need to clean the filter out regular.  Didn't someone say 7 years on the DDM DC23 that is in Japan!?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  The DDM removes the need (I believe) for the post motor filter, so pushing cyclone technology further could reduce filter cleaning longer! 

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #253   Apr 5, 2008 4:26 pm
DC18 wrote:

Didn't someone say 7 years on the DDM DC23 that is in Japan!?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  The DDM removes the need (I believe) for the post motor filter, so pushing cyclone technology further could reduce filter cleaning longer! 

DC18

DC18:

I believe that 7 years is the warranty on the DDM, not the filter life.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #254   Apr 5, 2008 6:15 pm

This message was modified Apr 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #255   Apr 5, 2008 6:15 pm

I think I may of posted the below already.  Here it is (again)...

My neighbor was kind enough to translate (best as possible) the wording on this DC22 packaging.        DIB

Japanese Blog picture of the DC22 Moorhead’s packaging - stated:

1)      30 times better than any cyclone vacuum.

2)      Motorhead does not slow down vs. turbine nozzle.

3)      Updated Root with Core separator.

4)      “About” 7 years you do not have to touch [pre-filte] for 7 years.

5)      2 yr. warrantee.

Japanese DC22 Motorhead launch event w/James Dyson standing in front of signage:

1)      No maintenance on the filter.

2)      Suction stays strong.

3)      14 root cyclones

4)      More cyclones than the DC12 model.

5)      Dyson DDM.

6)      Dyson digital motor – re-invented motor.

7)      Buttons on handgrip, do not have to lean over.

8)      Suction mode can be changed for curtains.

9)      Exhaust air directed upward.

Japanese DC22 Motorhead rapid prototype:

1)      100 people worked on it.

2)      100 different models of vacuums.  The best elements from these models were used on production model.

This message was modified Apr 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #256   Apr 5, 2008 6:48 pm
DIB

Thanks for the reminder about the DC22 in Japan thought it was 7 years on the filter.  Wasn't 100% sure but thought I read you comment on here correct.

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #257   Apr 5, 2008 7:35 pm
I stand corrected in my belief. 

I don't expect definitive answers but these questions come to mind.  All comments are welcome. 

I wonder how does one arrive at a measure, standard, criteria for establishing a 7 year maintenance free pre-motor filter?  

I can't reconcile a 7 year maintenance free filter life with a 2 year vacuum cleaner warranty.  I can understand a 2 year [or less] maintenance free filter life with a 7 year vacuum warranty.  Why?  Say the filter fails [clogs] after 2 years and before 7 years.  Is it replaced under a separate pre-motor filter warranty?  If not, of what value is the 7 year maintenance free filter life? It's a moot point.   It's not reasonable [at least to me] to make a maintenance free claim on the filter that exceeds the vacuum's warranty [unless the filter comes with a warranty for that specific period of time].  Does it make sense to others?

The cyclones in the DC22 are 30 times better than existing ones and result in 7 years of maintenance free filter life.  Then my logical deduction tells me dyson can produce bagless vacuums with cyclones that are 5-10 times better [than those dysons to date] with a year/more maintenance free pre-motor filters.  If so, why didn't dyson make them available on the DC24/25? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 5, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #258   Apr 5, 2008 10:04 pm

A quick note.  I saw the DC24 and DC25.  I was amazed how small the 24 was, it looked like a toy.  I do not own a DC24 but have a box.  Below is a pic to show some contrasting sizes.        DIB

Acerone

Reply #259   Apr 6, 2008 7:46 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">A quick note.  I saw the DC24 and DC25.  I was amazed how small the 24 was, it looked like a toy.  I do not own a DC24 but have a box.  Below is a pic to show some contrasting sizes.        DIB</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></span>

Best Buy and Target here now have them in stock but they didn't have any of them as a floor display... I saw the box of the DC24 and that was small...
DysonInventsBig

Reply #260   Apr 6, 2008 11:37 am

Aceone,

Since the floor sales guy was a Dyson owner and fan, and knew James' story somewhat he and his manager were delighted to pull a 24 out of the box for display.  I asked the appliance manager how Dyson's sell at their stores?  A:  It's our best best seller.  I asked which models sell best?  A:  All of them.         DIB

This message was modified Apr 6, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 251 - 260 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42