Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vernon

Perfect Vacuum
Original Message   Mar 31, 2008 12:42 am
Have any of you guys actually had the opportunity to see this beast ??  It looks identical to the Lux model 1521, other than no bag fill/shut off indicator.  Supposedly has a Lamb motor, but which model number??

If I'm not mistaken, it's IMG of New York that's having these made.  Did some research and it appears that IMG and Electrolux Home Care Products had a court battle over a couple of Sanitaire models. 

Vern
Replies: 31 - 40 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Hertz

Re: Perfect Vacuum
Reply #31   Feb 1, 2010 4:17 pm
Well evidently the WHOLE metal body is "Made in China!" - HOW FLIPPIN' PATHETIC AND DISAPPOINTING!!! That's really sad and DISGRACEFUL of "Perfect Products" to do that!! Well, it looks like if I EVEN DO go with a Lux, it will DEFINITELY be a GENUINE one, not a "Perfect PowerCrap!" Also, how would you guys say the new MG1/2/3 TriStars compare to an older metal Electrolux, or as a vacuum at all compared to like a Kirby or FilterQueen?
mole

Reply #32   Feb 1, 2010 7:32 pm
Hertz wrote:
Thanks for the long write up Venson, but you didn't answer my MAIN question: I was asking how is the build quality on the Perfect PowerTeam canister as opposed to an original Lux, how is the performance of the POWERTEAM canister, AND, is it Made in the U.S.A or not? I'm about to call: http://www.shopnss.com/default.asp - the makers of the actual re-introduced Electrolux PowerTeam C101 canister, and will ask them what's up. CarmineD, here's the link to the review on Amazon.com saying the Perfect PowerTeam is crap: http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Canister-Vacuum-Cleaner/product-reviews/B0016IQQ44/ref=dp_related_ads_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Also, Venson, this guy: http://www.vacuumman.com/canister.html REALLY cleans them out, sands them down, REPAINTS them, and make them Like-New, so $350 for a near-BRAND NEW Marquise with all near-NEW-to-NEW and GENUINE attachments is a STEAL! Please though, my main question is about the PowerTeam canister, so please answer those people if you could and would. Thanks! :]

The machine is a cheap clone of the 1521 D.J   .SANS THE AUTOMATIC.    IT has a lot of suction and pretty decent bags,

Did you know about the marquise and the armature recall back in 87,there are still many out there that were never done, So if i were you i would be real carefull where you buy it from...............

regards

MOLE
This message was modified Feb 1, 2010 by mole
Hertz

Reply #33   Feb 1, 2010 8:26 pm
It seems like a DECENT clone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg97QmORf98&fmt=18 Woah, what was this recall all about?!! Btw, I think I'll be going with a FilterQueen - NEWEST ONE OUT, as my next vac, which will be a LOONG time from now, but it's my fantasy vac for now, as well as my Kirby G4 that I already have B) But yeah, tell me about this recall!
mole

Reply #34   Feb 1, 2010 8:56 pm
Hi

The recall was due to  a bad run of armatures bracket assemblys,most of the machines blew the armatures up within 10 minuets of use.The reps were sent out to have the armatures and top brackets replaced, Now for the best part,the defective armatures were replaced with more defective armatures that were in inventory. This went on for 2 years till it was finally figured out that the outsourced armatures were all bad.

Electrolux had its own motor manufactuing plant in piney flats TENN, Maybe H.S had  something to do with the problems

PS

The filter Queen made by health=mor is just a mere shell of what they once were.It all went downhillm after GRIFFEN went there...........

MOLE
vacmanuk

Reply #35   Feb 2, 2010 12:47 pm
Hertz - what does it matter that it's made in China?? Not all goods made there are rubbish. So many forget that the PC's and MACs theyre typing on are made in ruddy China!!
Hertz

Reply #36   Feb 2, 2010 7:29 pm
Very true! Still though, there's something BIG about a vacuum being made here B) However, the motor is USA made (Amatek), and the company told me the hose is, but the lady didn't sound too sure, so I think it's still a good vacuum for sure B) I would say it's worth more like $600-700 though, not WOPPING $900!! Especially for being Made In China!! - Simply because it's CHEAPER to buy the body from there, but the quality can still be good - excellent, this case it's just good - very good. Mole, you're wrong: The FQ's are still INCREDIBLE vacuums! All the quality is still there, and they are actually even better than before B) Better suction Better airflow Better Motor Better Filtration GREAT customer service And most, if not ALL *MADE* right here in Ohio! B)
mole

Reply #37   Feb 3, 2010 9:09 am
Then you please point out where the filter queen trademark is on their parts, they are no different than kirby assembled in the usa with parts from PROC like every one else has done.

B.T.W the hose on the perfect lux is chinese knock off by plastiflex, and they are junk also, I learned that a long time ago.

Say hi Shannon for me.........

regards

MOLE

Hertz

Reply #38   Feb 6, 2010 4:05 pm
OH really? Thanks for the update mole! So, FORGET THE PERFECT VACUUM! :p About the FilterQueens: They're still a very high quality vacuum, and with parts of extreme quality and craftsmanship with VERY unique engineering (conic shaped filters, the original cyclonic action, motor on top design), so I don't CARE WHERE the parts come from, AS LONG as the machine is EXTREMELY well built - like a Kirby - in which - from what I can and have gathered - FilterQueens are.
Hertz

Reply #39   Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
HEY YA'LL HERE'S SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PERFECT VACUUM: Apparently it's a really high quality unit - at least from a performance stand point. Also, I just called the manufacture themselves - NationWide Sales and Service: http://www.shopnss.com/ - and they said that the machine is Made in China yes, but the hose is Made in U.S.A by THEM themselves, the motor is the U.S.A-Made Amatek Advantek motor, and there's a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY on the motor with a TEN YEAR WARRANTY ON THE MACHINE ITSELF! This is starting to sound like a REAAALLY good machine! Woops, forgot the link: http://www.vacuumland.org/TD/THREADS/MODERN/7726.htm?20 The people there at VacuumLand say it's a VERY GOOD vac B)
This message was modified Feb 11, 2010 by Hertz
Hertz

Reply #40   Feb 11, 2010 5:31 pm
mole wrote:
B.T.W the hose on the perfect lux is chinese knock off by plastiflex, and they are junk also, I learned that a long time ago.

Say hi Shannon for me.........

regards

MOLE

How do you know? I called NationWide - the manufacturers of this vacuum (or at least the company behind it), and they said they make the hose themselves.
Replies: 31 - 40 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42