Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 29 - 38 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #29   Mar 27, 2008 11:54 am
I understand your skepticism but I'm not sure where or why? Doesn't make sense to invest so much in a new vacuum development to get what you already have. Even if they had the forsight to see the collapse of the dollar they still would have gone to China if saving $'s were their main goal. This is still a private family run biz and they have the luxury to answer only to themselves and not stockholders. I commend them for trying to always do better not sell out. So I maintain, in MY opinion, the new upright will be made in Germany. (I have no problem in apologizing if I'm wrong).
CarmineD

Reply #30   Mar 27, 2008 12:14 pm
And so it may be.  

I recall years ago, many saying that Miele would never enter the upright market, especially in the USA!

Look at the competition.  Who is it?.  Miele has an established name and reputation in the

USA vacuum industry with a network of dealers in place.  It is in a prime position

to shake up the upscale upright market in the USA.  With the dollar down at an all time low

against all the currencies in the world, including the Euro and Deutsch mark, Miele is in a catbird

seat to rule the upright vacuum world starting with the USA: The largest market for uprights. 

Miele is launching uprights and plans 6-7 models.  Wow.  How many years does it take other

vacuum makers to launch that many upright models? 

No, Miele is not just trying to satisfy its cann customers who like uprights.  Miele is on a mission to

dominate the upscale upright market especially in the USA.  I can't think of a better time to do it.  All the right mix of business factors are in place.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 27, 2008 by CarmineD
bucks03

Reply #31   Mar 27, 2008 1:37 pm
Has anyone got any literature regarding this machine?  I cannot find on the internet or the Miele website.
Venson

Reply #32   Mar 27, 2008 2:12 pm
bucks03 wrote:
Has anyone got any literature regarding this machine?  I cannot find on the internet or the Miele website.

Bucks,

I can't find a thing either or the mag article.  Nonetheless, I came across a picture taken either by a Lego or Miele lover.

Venson

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #33   Mar 27, 2008 3:19 pm
bucks03 wrote:

The new line is not available yet.

This is where the info was found-

http://www.ertweekly.com/Default.aspx.LocID-05nnew183.RefLocID-05n021001.htm?sksearchtext=Miele%20S7%20upright
This message was modified Mar 27, 2008 by Mike_W
mole

Reply #34   Mar 27, 2008 10:51 pm
It just seems to me that miele,like the other german manufactures offer too many different configurations of the same thing.I can see offering 2 or 3 different models,but 6 or 7 come on.IT looks like they are trying to protect the brick and mortor shops from the internet.They better not burn their dealers again... their credability has already been hurt...........

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #35   Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am
A recent KPMG report, worldwide finance and consulting firm, states that the USA is the most affordable country for multi-nationals to operate businesses.  Beating out other countries like Britain, France, Germany, etc.  China not included.  Reasons for the USA's win: Falling dollar and euro highs.  This is first time in years the USA is the most affordable.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #36   Mar 29, 2008 10:16 am
Why don't I feel comforted by that?
mole

Reply #37   Mar 30, 2008 5:02 am
Lucky1 wrote:
Why don't I feel comforted by that?

Maybe because you wont make a reasonable profit on them,did you know that miele will sell direct to the consumer,they will tell you different,call customer service and ask about all the wand and hose breakage,i know they will tell you that their stuff doesnt break and are unaware of any problems,Im getting real tired of this outsourced junk.Ditto for BOSCH. made in germany with parts sourced from other countrys just like the rest of them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Although there is great money in the parts and filters and bags,These guys like dyson have a nice long story behind them. Their new canister line looks a lot like BOSCHES does it not?

THE MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #38   Mar 30, 2008 7:39 am
Hello Mole:

What's a reasonable profit on a Miele?

Do you do your own business books and records and/or have someone do it? If you prefer to message privately, do.

Carmine D.

Replies: 29 - 38 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42