Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 475 - 484 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #475   Apr 1, 2009 7:58 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Seems like you are still the book of knowledge on vacuums.  That is more useful than opinions.

Knowledege itself is useless, unless and until it is applied correctly and properly, through one's opinions.  All MH's, and others' vacuum knowledge, is of little benefit to others unless they share here with us by way of opinions. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #476   Apr 1, 2009 12:25 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Knowledege itself is useless, unless and until it is applied correctly and properly, through one's opinions.  All MH's, and others' vacuum knowledge, is of little benefit to others unless they share here with us by way of opinions. 

Carmine D.

You already know that opinions are like part of our anatomy.  My opinion is that a $700 vac should have a longer warranty.  Fact is it doesn't. Which will go farther in getting a repair? My opinion or a written warranty.  Before you start with your opinions I know that there are exceptions.

The dealer repaired catlady's vacuum incorrectly by using his opinion on how to replace the hose.  Knowledge could easily have prevented all her problems.

Oh yeah.  Opinions can and often are biased.  Facts and knowledge are not.

CarmineD

Reply #477   Apr 1, 2009 1:31 pm
The fact is that I said here several times that it is my opinion the MIELE S7 is not the best suited vacuum for this user.  My opinion is based on the facts and circumstances of her household cleaning needs and experiences with her MIELE and the dealer and company up to now.  As I also said, I hope my opinion now is wrong and does prove a fact later.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #478   Apr 1, 2009 1:43 pm
The fact is too MIELE replaced the customer's MIELE with a brand new one that is noew $150 more than the price of the original 10 months ago. 

The fact is for 107 years MIELE uses the slogan IMMER BESSER, an opinion then that many today, you and MOLE excluded [always exceptions] believe to be fact.

Carmine D.

Motorhead

Reply #479   Apr 1, 2009 10:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The fact is that I said here several times that it is my opinion the MIELE S7 is not the best suited vacuum for this user.  My opinion is based on the facts and circumstances of her household cleaning needs and experiences with her MIELE and the dealer and company up to now.  As I also said, I hope my opinion now is wrong and does prove a fact later.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Can you please explain this for me?  How is the Miele S7 not a good vacuum for Catlady, or anyone who has pets?  From my experiences, and considering it's just a Capricorn and a 236 power nozzle in an upright body, it's a very versatile, capable machine on both carpets and bare floors.  The stretch hose (even this slightly shorter hose on current production models; I have not seen the red one with the long hose) is also more than adequate for above-floor dusting. 

Worst case, in a home with mostly bare floors, you could use the Parquet Twister bare floor tool with the wands.  But when I used one, I found that with the brushroll turned off it's actually not bad at removing surface litter.  Definitely better than other uprights with a brushroll on/off feature.

-MH
CarmineD

Reply #480   Apr 2, 2009 7:32 am
Motorhead wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Can you please explain this for me?  How is the Miele S7 not a good vacuum for Catlady, or anyone who has pets?  From my experiences, and considering it's just a Capricorn and a 236 power nozzle in an upright body, it's a very versatile, capable machine on both carpets and bare floors.  The stretch hose (even this slightly shorter hose on current production models; I have not seen the red one with the long hose) is also more than adequate for above-floor dusting. 

Worst case, in a home with mostly bare floors, you could use the Parquet Twister bare floor tool with the wands.  But when I used one, I found that with the brushroll turned off it's actually not bad at removing surface litter.  Definitely better than other uprights with a brushroll on/off feature.

-MH

Sure, and I did already here for her benefit.  It's probably part of the 'filler' you did not want to read.

First, I said the S7 Salsa is not the best suited for her needs.  I never said it was not good.  Little different.

Second, at the bag usage rate already discussed here by the user, she will, at the current cost of bags, pay about $100 a year for disposable bags.  By her own admission, she hopes to have the vacuum 8-10 years.  Do the math for bags over the life of the vacuum.

Third, add to the cost for normal maintenance items and repairs needed.  MOLE was kind enough to elaborate.  You did too.  What is the cost of a cord set from an authorized MIELE dealer for the S7?  $130.  Indies like MOLE can do it cheaper, I'll bet.  Be that as it may, the cost of the purchase of the S7 [$600] will more than double/triple over the useful life.  Usually, consumer goods depreciate/get amortize over their useful life.   Not in this particular case.

BTW, my opinion is not the only.  Our forum moderator says the same.  He would never have recommended this S7as a choice.  [Probably more filler you missed].

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #481   Apr 2, 2009 9:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
Sure, and I did already here for her benefit.  It's probably part of the 'filler' you did not want to read.

First, I said the S7 Salsa is not the best suited for her needs.  I never said it was not good.  Little different.

Second, at the bag usage rate already discussed here by the user, she will, at the current cost of bags, pay about $100 a year for disposable bags.  By her own admission, she hopes to have the vacuum 8-10 years.  Do the math for bags over the life of the vacuum.

Third, add to the cost for normal maintenance items and repairs needed.  MOLE was kind enough to elaborate.  You did too.  What is the cost of a cord set from an authorized MIELE dealer for the S7?  $130.  Indies like MOLE can do it cheaper, I'll bet.  Be that as it may, the cost of the purchase of the S7 [$600] will more than double/triple over the useful life.  Usually, consumer goods depreciate/get amortize over their useful life.   Not in this particular case.

BTW, my opinion is not the only.  Our forum moderator says the same.  He would never have recommended this S7as a choice.  [Probably more filler you missed].

Carmine D.

So, what would you recommend?
DysonInventsBig

Reply #482   Apr 2, 2009 11:43 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Seems like you are still the book of knowledge on vacuums.  That is more useful than opinions.

CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Declaring "MH's or others" knowledge (of facts) to be an opinion is your opinion and a oxymoron.

I believe MH through out some facts (aka knowledge) that were not known here otherwise.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #483   Apr 2, 2009 12:24 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
So, what would you recommend?

Not a MIELE S7.  What I recommend is irrelevant at this point and a moot point.  But if you want to know read the rest of the thread.  I addressed it already.  If the user is happy with the choice of the Salsa and wants to keep it, that's her prerogative and not mine.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #484   Apr 2, 2009 12:26 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Declaring "MH's or others" knowledge (of facts) to be an opinion is your opinion and a oxymoron.

I believe MH through out some facts (aka knowledge) that were not known here otherwise.

DIB

Actually, DIB on these points I agree with you.  Now if you can end my confusion on the clutchless/brushroll saga of  DC27, I would be much obliged.

Carmine D.

Replies: 475 - 484 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42