Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Allergy Banner Alt

First upright from Miele

29 February 2008

This summer, Miele will launch its first range of upright vacuum cleaners – the S7.

It will consist of about six models, all of which feature ultra large dust bags and

“a unique swivel body, which makes it easy to manoeuvre in even the trickiest

of room layouts”. According to the company,  the decision was made following

numerous requests from customers that wanted to buy Miele  but would only use

an upright model.

Text: courtesy ERTweekly.com

Picture: courtesy Miele.co.uk, 2009

Edited 21st March 2009; reason: loss of original image.

This message was modified Mar 20, 2009 by Trilobite
Replies: 275 - 284 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Reply #275   Mar 2, 2009 3:16 pm
Hi Melanie,

The work still does not sound acceptable. Were I you, I'd still give Miele a call to get a full understanding of why the hose does not fit properly on your "test" version and what can be done regarding the damage to the body of the machine. Even be so bold as to ask for a replacement. (No harm in asking!) It is something you had no hand in. Thus, it's the manufacturer's and dealer's responsibility to set things right.

Friendship is as friendship does. It's great that you're amicable relationship with the shop owners but friends don't junk up an expensive vacuum that was in good shape, save the need of a new hose, and expect you to take it home damaged. You should have been informed of any difficulty they encountered before they went so far as to end up damaging the cleaner's casing. I can't tell you what to do but they should be glad the customer is you and not me.

Anyway . . . best of luck with this. How are your cats doing?

Venson
catlady

Reply #276   Mar 2, 2009 3:44 pm
I think you're right.  I'll give Miele a call and explain everything.  I would like to know why this new hose isn't quite right and I do want something done about the damage.  I just keep thinking about the cost of the machine and how much I do love it and how I want to have it for years to come.  I want to be happy using it.

All of the critters are well, thanks for asking.  We had a couple of health emergencies within a month of each other, but both cats pulled through and are back to being themselves again.  We just spayed and neutered some neighborhood ferals and they were all healthy and we now have one of our inside rescues up for adoption after she finally recovered from a lengthy respiratory infection.

Melanie

CarmineD

Re: Miele Update
Reply #277   Mar 2, 2009 3:53 pm
catlady wrote:
Thanks.

I'm not quite sure what to do from here.  I'm also upset by the damage, although I know it was unintentional, it's quite noticeable.  There are chunks of the plastic around where the base of the hose connects cut out.  I did spend a lot on this vacuum and if replacing the hose should have been easy, I don't understand why so much damage was done.  I'm not sure what to do from here.  I hate to be a complainer since I've built a close relationship with the guys at my Vac Shop, but I'm unhappy with this repair.

Melanie

Hi catlady:

I am right along side Venson on this one for you.  Don't be so hard on yourself for wanting your MIELE as perfectm as it was when you purchased it.  It's not called "complaining" when you want to have your vacuum returned to its original new condition under the warranty.  It's called getting what you paid for and contracted for under the terms of the sales agreement.  You can be charitable in your request.  But the bottom line is FIX THE MIELE RIGHT.  I'm sure your local MIELE dealer doesn't want you to pack up your vacuum and ship it to the MIELE Headquarters in NJ with a lengthy note detailing your dissatisfaction over the amateurish quality of the warranty repair. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Re: Miele Update
Reply #278   Mar 2, 2009 6:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi catlady:

I am right along side Venson on this one for you.  Don't be so hard on yourself for wanting your MIELE as perfectm as it was when you purchased it.  It's not called "complaining" when you want to have your vacuum returned to its original new condition under the warranty.  It's called getting what you paid for and contracted for under the terms of the sales agreement.  You can be charitable in your request.  But the bottom line is FIX THE MIELE RIGHT.  I'm sure your local MIELE dealer doesn't want you to pack up your vacuum and ship it to the MIELE Headquarters in NJ with a lengthy note detailing your dissatisfaction over the amateurish quality of the warranty repair. 

Carmine D.

And to think that some will tell you to buy from all those honest and ethical independents.
CarmineD

Reply #279   Mar 3, 2009 6:42 am
There are many independent vacuum store owners and operators with the utmost honesty and integrity.  Catlady is not disputing these attributes for her local MIELE dealer.  But all of us on one occasion or more take shortcuts and make mistakes.  When we do, it is incumbent upon others to tell us so in a charitable way and work out a mutually agreeable resolution.  Especially when the "us" provides a product and service to the public for profit.

Carmine D. 

mole

Reply #280   Mar 3, 2009 8:58 am
This is a classic example of   i would never tuck it to you [ HONEST]. Its very doubtful that catlady will ever buy a supposed high quality piece of german technology again.

You could of bought a 59.95 dirt devil and got the same outstanding service.

I would venture to say that the dealers relationship with miele is terminated,hence shut off from getting parts.

out of work, hungry, cant find a job, i hear your miele makes for a good stew.............

regards

MOLE

Venson

Reply #281   Mar 3, 2009 11:27 am
mole wrote:
This is a classic example of   i would never tuck it to you [ HONEST]. Its very doubtful that catlady will ever buy a supposed high quality piece of german technology again.</p><p>You could of bought a 59.95 dirt devil and got the same outstanding service.</p><p>I would venture to say that the dealers relationship with miele is terminated,hence shut off from getting parts.</p><p>out of work, hungry, cant find a job, i hear your miele makes for a good stew.............</p><p>regards</p><p>MOLE

Hi MOLE,

Let's wait and see. The real issue here is -- Now that you've got my money, what are you prepared to do for me?

I called the 800 number in advance myself to be sure they were on the ball at Miele. Calls for vacuum issues appear to be outsourced to the UK I believe as the woman I spoke with had a British accent. However, there wasn't a long wait and she was certainly attentive and helpful. It was she who right off the bat offered to make a follow-up call to the vendor and I can't say I wasn't impressed. It's been a long time since I've heard a customer service rep say anything more than, "Duh."

This person was also able to inform me, without prompting, of the difference in the hose fitting on the test models and supplied me with a part number. I have only seen the near like with Sears but I did have to a bit of digging to get the info I needed save on a hose repair.

I was very pleased with the level of service thus far and will be even more pleased, if Melanie is provided a good result, as should be. Yeah, she could have gotten a Dirt Devil but didn't as she was aiming for a machine she could have around for while. Nowadays, you and I know that doesn't come cheap. Since she's taken the plunge with Miele and is under warranty she has every right to anticipate fast and proper service. If Miele follows through in the fashion a a so-called maker of prestige goods as expensive as its are should, then buying the S7 will have been worth it.

Best,

Venson
catlady

Reply #282   Mar 3, 2009 11:42 am
I contacted Miele yesterday and told them about the issues I am having.  They asked me to call back this morning with my serial # and I did.  I spoke with the lady with the British accent this morning.  She was very apologetic to me and she said she is going to speak with another person and call me back with instructions on what to do from here.  I have not contacted my Vac Shop yet because Miele asked me to wait until they contact me.  They seem very happy to help me work through these issues with my Vac Shop.  I was happy with the phone call this morning so we'll see what I'm to do once they call me back.  I'll update when I have more information.  I just hope this doesn't ruin my relationship with my Vac Shop guys.  They've been really good to me and I hate to cause them any problems.

Melanie

Venson

Reply #283   Mar 3, 2009 12:22 pm
Thanks Melanie. This in no way should hurt your relationship the people at your local vac shop. I don't think Miele is going is going to be harsh with the dealer. Right now with money being hard to come by, I think Miele wants to keep both consumers and vendors happy by providing a way to bring the cleaner back to its original condition in an amicable way. Do be sure to learn whether Miele is prepared to replace the entire machine.

If discussion about the matter arises by way of the folks at the vac shop, simply inform them that the vacuum was not in the best of shape when they handed it back to you, which should be obvious to them, and that you are doing your best to gain a satisfactory solution to that. Also, politely remind them of what you paid than for a machine that is not yet a year old and ask if you don't deserve after what would be considered a minor repair a vacuum that looks the same way as when you brought it in. As well, if the resulting damage is due to their being supplied redesigned parts supplied by Miele it is up to Miele to take responsibility.

Unless they gave you the vacuum free, you should feel no guilt about wanting to have your machine looking good as well as working well. You've paid for it. Considering the expense, if you took the family car in for a minor repair and unnecessary damage was done would you let it go by?

Good luck,

Venson
catlady

Reply #284   Mar 3, 2009 1:02 pm
BTW, this Miele replaced a crappy Dirt Devil that had to be replaced twice in the 2 years I owned it.  I had problems with it after the first month, then the motor went after about 6 months, then the replacements motor went after a year.  I don't think I'll ever buy a Dirt Devil again.  I'll admit that I use my vacuum cleaners almost daily, but I do try to keep them clean and take care of them.  I even have them serviced yearly trying to keep them usable.  I do my best to take care of what I buy.  I don't have a lot of money to throw away.  That's why I invested in a Miele.  Hopefully they'll treat me right.  I think they will just from talking to them.

Melanie

Replies: 275 - 284 of 494Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42