Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Samsung gets in the game . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Samsung gets in the game . . .
Original Message   Mar 12, 2008 10:50 pm
Hi all,

Samsung, who made a a good bagged canister for a good while, is now making a serious effort in the area of bagless machines.  Below are links to a web page for the new Samsung Silencio (SC9540) and a PDF of its users manual.  It is being launched in the UK initially. 

It steals from LG, Electrolux and  even Miele.  The Silencio employs an automatic ("IntelliClean") speed regulator plus standard speed adjustment like the LG/Kenmore Progressive bagless as well as and infrared control on the hose's hand grip ala the Miele Galaxy series.  What appears original is the placement of the pre- and HEPA filters which allow for the vacuum's more compact form.

Offered as an option is what appears to be an electric low profile nozzle similar to the one developed by European Electrolux.  This is an interesting compliation of ideas.  One of Samsungs claims is that at 73 decibels it is quiter than Dyson.

Website --

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=homeappliances&type=vacuumcleaner&subtype=cylinders&model_cd=VCC9540H4K/XEU

User manual --

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200704/20070425100859046_DJ68-00368A.pdf

It will be on the market shortly.  I hope some of our friends on the other side of the pond will get a chance to "kick the tires" on this new baby and give a report.

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Samsung gets in the game . . .
Reply #1   Mar 12, 2008 11:18 pm
Venson

Reply #2   Mar 12, 2008 11:33 pm
Hi DIB,

Thanks for the video.  However the bagless SC9540 I'm mentioning is in the background.  I wonder which model was being demoed as it is a spin on the Miele Galaxy series.  See following link:

http://www.miele.com/usa/vacuums/series.asp?cat=1&subcat=1&series=62&nav=21

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Mar 12, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   Mar 13, 2008 7:41 am
Samsung is a formidable force in electronics and appliances.  It's products are widely available in the USA and worldwide. And its financial results are impressive.

Thanks Venson.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #4   Mar 13, 2008 12:39 pm
Hello Venson:

Interesting that the Samsung Silencio cann gets the largest writeup up all the vacuums in the appliance site you posted.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #5   Mar 13, 2008 1:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

Interesting that the Samsung Silencio cann gets the largest writeup up all the vacuums in the appliance site you posted.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I don't know how much of that is due to public relations effort since the cleaner is just entering the market.  Nonetheless, it is claimed to offer a lot of features that should pprove of interest to those looking for better product.  High suction, very low noise and there are floor tool options.  There's even an elbow that can be attached between the wands to minimize bending when cleaning underr furniture.

I found many references to the SC9540 on the web but no statements from actual testers yet.  All in all, I like the look of it and hope its the performer they say it is.  I've already emailed Samsung today to learn when and if it will arrive in the States.  I also called Samsung in the U.S. to see if I could learn something but they had no info to offer.  Per the person I spoke with, I should be getting an email address of parties involved to who I may send "encouragement".

That usually gets me nowhere in cases like this but -- you gotta keep tryin'!

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42