Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Open to Suggestions

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Open to Suggestions
Original Message   Mar 6, 2008 3:14 pm
We are in the very beginning of discussions on to what vacuums/products to place on our website. We will have the full Miele-Sebo-Bosch Line up with a smattering of other machines we feel are either unique or fit into a good price point like the Royal Procision 3050, the Panasonic MC-CG973, Sanataire S782 and Mighty-Mite. Any other suggestions? And Why.

Thanks guys, have some fun!

Lucky
Replies: 16 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dusty

Re: Open to Suggestions
Reply #16   Mar 8, 2008 3:52 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
 They are soon to come out with a version to be sold in any retail store. Bothered me at first but it will make the brand name on other products an easier sell once the general public commonly sees the Brand Name.

Box retailers have been a sticky point for me.  I find consumers do lots of research on this product (more so than vacuums) and in their travels they notice that the Simplicity is the same as the Sharp Plasma Cluster...except the Sharp can be had for far less $$'s.  I like the technology behind the product but wish they'd do a redesign so it looks a little more unique in the market place.
CarmineD

Reply #17   Mar 9, 2008 7:58 am
Lucky1 wrote:

What about the Electrolux/Eureka series. I know they have contact & hose problems but they are in a good price point and get a good CR review. I'm really torn on this one.

Wouldn't be on my list of sellers.  Too pervasive among the big box retailers.  Unless you can cut the price or offer something more, you can't compete with the big dogs on price.  They'll undercut you.

BTW, what's your vacuum sales and experience, if you don't mind me asking?

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #18   Mar 9, 2008 12:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Mole:

That's the reason the GE bagged cann sells so well for Wal*Mart. 

DIdn't you quote me a decent cann for under $200 that is sold by vacuum stores?  I can go buy a truck load right now and ship them to you if you like?

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine, The G.E.or cloned eureka canister,sells for how much?is it under $200.00,with a decent power head.Yes i know it's been at walmart for a long time now.

This machine i believe takes the cn1 bags,either under the G.E. label or the eureka cn2 bags under the eureka label.It is a decent machine but will not last very long.

Most vac shops sell the either the SANITAIE blue line/or red line.Now these uprights such as an 886  is vey hard to beat .Its vey common knowledge amoung the vacuum guy's that SANITAIRE is the best bang for the buck.It's really too bad that HOOVER has really given up on their commercial line for the vac shop's.I really liked selling the 334 commercial machine,and the GUARDSMAN upright.There are many good uprights out there for under $200.00,with the canisters it real hard to find a quality machine in that price range.

As far as air systems go ,i believe this market is over saturated already,and the consumer that wanted one already bought them. Sort of like wood stoves.......

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #19   Mar 9, 2008 12:59 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine, The G.E.or cloned eureka canister,sells for how much?is it under $200.00,with a decent power head.Yes i know it's been at walmart for a long time now.

There are many good uprights out there for under $200.00,with the canisters it real hard to find a quality machine in that price range.

As far as air systems go ,i believe this market is over saturated already,and the consumer that wanted one already bought them. Sort of like wood stoves.......

MOLE

Hello Mole:

When the budget minded call for a cann and spew off about the WM GE, here's an option:

http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/vacdetails.asp?DBID=1775&ID=Fuller+Brush+FBPT%2D2+Canister

I heard that these canns are made in the same factory as the RICCAR/SIMPLICITY canns in South Korea.  The local dealer in NLV shoots this cann model for less than $200 when the cann buyers can't /won't go for the higher price RICCAR/SIMPLICITY canns.  I haven't checked it out closely.  It's on my list of things to do. 

I would add this one to my sales venue to compete against the WM GE which has been around for over 8 years and still selling well.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #20   Mar 9, 2008 1:17 pm
Thanks Carmine, Another thing thats interesting is why would a dealer sell 2 lines that are very similar to each other [example BOSCH,MEELAH] or riccar and simplicity,

Buying and promoting but being goverend by them and being dictated how and how much they have to be sold for doesnt sit well with most owners.Minimum machine orders just so so you can keep your dealers status[diamond dealers],Been there done that,My advice to the dealers would be DONT GET TRAPPED BY ANY OF THESE CORPORATE [PIMPS].......

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #21   Mar 9, 2008 2:21 pm
mole wrote:
My advice to the dealers would be DONT GET TRAPPED BY ANY OF THESE CORPORATE [PIMPS].......

MOLE

I second and third that motion.  My store. My business.  No one but N-O-O-N-E tells [told] me what to do.  

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #22   Mar 9, 2008 3:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I second and third that motion.  My store. My business.  No one but N-O-O-N-E tells [told] me what to do.  

Carmine D.

That point of view is just fine by me but what can the consumer do to help promote it.

Venson

Lucky1

Reply #23   Mar 9, 2008 3:24 pm
I'm VERY new to the Biz...Selling appliances and vacs for about 4 years. My shop is only 5 Months old. Hope you experienced guys don't come down too hard on me! But how many times have you said there are no new guys coming into the field???? Right...

I'm in North Jersey so my market is somewhat different than out west. More call for canisters than uprights. Carrying Miele, Sebo and Bosch seem to complement each other rather than how you think them might not. Once again there is more Money in this area than most. I couldn't tell you where a Walmart is. We do have a Sam's and a Cosco somewhere but I don't think my buyer would shop there for too many things.

I do feel it's better spend my effort to sell a higher priced, better machine, than many lower priced ones BUT that said I do have to pay rent. Most of the cheeper vacs are really crap. I don't want a customer coming back every week with a problem on a vac I made $50 on.

The Fuller is not that great.

The Royal 3050 seems to be good can for the price. But I'd like something in the $450-$350 range that's got a good PH. Maybe the Sanitaire series might be worthwile, thanks for the suggestions!
CarmineD

Reply #24   Mar 9, 2008 3:40 pm
Venson wrote:
That point of view is just fine by me but what can the consumer do to help promote it.

Venson

Hello Venson:

Do business with the local independent stores and not the big box retailers.   The small business owners are the back bone of the US economy.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 9, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #25   Mar 9, 2008 3:46 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I'm in North Jersey so my market is somewhat different than out west.
The Fuller is not that great.

Welcome to the real world of small business.  My vacuum sales and service store [1949 to 1992] was in Bloomfield.  49 Bloomfield Avenue, Bloomfield NJ.  Sold out in 1992 to another vacuum store owner who is still there in that same location and doing well.  Pay him a visit and talk business.

For $175 what do you want?  Something new to compete with the GE canns in Wal*mart. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 16 - 25 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42