Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson's on HSN
Original Message   Mar 6, 2008 2:46 pm

Dyson is launching their new vacuums on HSN this (Saturday, pacific time), Sunday.

• When:  (Saturday) Sunday (on and off) all day/evening – check “Program Guide” here (all times are Eastern).
  • Dyson will have their dedicated time slots/shows and in addition, Dyson/s are the "Today’s Special".
  • For our UK Dyson friends…
    • The show streams live on HSN’s website.  Click > “Watch HSN Live” on right side of front page.   Shows are archived for viewing as well.
    • I’m told per HSN that Dyson/s will be the “Today’ Special” and shown throughout the day.  Look for the Dyson rep – Dave Shimkus’ under “guest name” for show times.

DIB

This message was modified Mar 10, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson's on HSN
Reply #13   Mar 10, 2008 7:39 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:  

Dyson Dave said that the pre-motor filter should be cleaned every 3-4-5-6 months.  No longer the 5-6 months. 

Dyson needs to be cautious and play it safe by saying 3,4,5,6 months until pre-filter cleaning.  I have no trouble with this requirement, nor did it stop millions from purchasing the early dual cyclones.   Sucking up fine dust with no suction loss for up to 3,4,5,6 months is provable science and translates into money.  The Root + Core technologies in a cannister and later in an upright/s should stop the lawsuits and complaints to NAB and ASA (I thinik I have these acronyms correct).       DIB

Dyson needs to be cautious and play it safe by saying 3,4,5,6 months until pre-filter cleaning.  I have no trouble with this requirement, nor did it stop millions from purchasing the early dual cyclones.   Sucking up fine dust with no suction loss for up to 3,4,5,6 months is provable science and translates into money.  The Root + Core technologies in a cannister and later in an upright/s should stop the lawsuits and complaints to NAB and ASA (I thinik I have these acronyms correct).       DIB

I’ll pick up the remainder of the  conversation later.

Buyers have no problem with cleaning the pre-motor filter on a BISSELL Healthy Home every month either.  Which sells for $249, or half the price of the dysons AND is higher rated than the DC14 by Consumer Reports.  Since all the big box retailers sell the BISSELL Healthy Home, they have no problem with this requirement either.

Do me a favor, if you would, go back and check the actual verbage on the dyson HSN TV ad.  Dave may have said 2-3-4-5-6 months. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 10, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #14   Mar 10, 2008 9:23 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Now please tell me what part of my post and commentary talks nasty about dyson?  Truth is the truth.

Carmine D.

DIB and others:

If I said anything untrue about the HSN dyson TV demo here on this public Forum, I then am at risk of legal action against me by both dyson and HSN.  I welcome it.

Dyson is a business man whose primary objective is to make profits.  Dyson uses vacuum demo techniques, sales talk, and personel that put dyson products in the best light for sale to TV viewers. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #15   Mar 10, 2008 10:05 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB and others:

Dyson is a business man whose primary objective is to make profits.  Dyson uses vacuum demo techniques, sales talk, and personel that put dyson products in the best light for sale to TV viewers. 

Carmine D.

Now tell us that Oreck was not the first to be successful at peddeling bull manure.
HARDSELL

Reply #16   Mar 10, 2008 10:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

I see my commentary has put you on the defensive.  Please note my response here.  

You quoted me out of context and attributed a pretext to me.  I never used the word "discontinue" as you did.  [Just as you said MUST when the instruction book says should]  I use the word "clearance."  I believe the two are different words. 

Why did I use clearance?  Dave and Kali said at the start of the TV sale that the DC14 ANIMAL will never again be offered on HSN.  Other dysons will but not the DC14 ANIMAL.  These are their words not mine.  I'm merely repeating them here.  You inferred "discontinue."  Kali and Dave also said SEVERAL times that they only had 10,000 DC14 Animals to sell and wished they had more.  Another reason, I used the word "clearance."

On several occasions, Kali said that the DC14 Animal without the extras is a $550 value.  With the extras she said it has to be at least a $599 value.  Her words not mine.  

Since the DC07 Animal has an MSRP of $499, Kali is probably correct with the HSN price for the DC14 Animal with the extras as a $599 value.  

When TV viewers see the DC14 Animal with the zorb, applicator, turbine tool and low rise rug/floor tool for $439, it puts pressure on retailers to drastically lower the prices of the existing DC07 and DC14 dysons that are still on their shelves. 

Carmine D.

Discontinue would be better than clearance. 

To never be on HSN again is closer tho discontinued than clearance on the show.

If a vendor could sell more than he has in inventory how in hell do you get cledarance.  Clearance is associated with getting rid of overstocks..

Always trying to twist words to fit your argument.  Grab the life preserver before you drown.  You are already sputtering.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #17   Mar 11, 2008 3:08 am
Thanks Hardsell.  Talking to Carmine is exausting.  His account/s of what Dave and Calliie said on HSN and what they actually said are to differnt things, all the while he is parsing my one word misquote.  Callie is easy on the eyes for sure, but watching this show again to disprove/prove Carmine is not time well spent.        DIB   

CarmineD

Reply #18   Mar 11, 2008 7:41 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Callie is easy on the eyes for sure, but watching this show again to disprove/prove Carmine is not time well spent.        DIB   

DIB:

I wholeheartedly agree.  She's a looker!  Thanks for the correct spelling of her name.  I have not seen her before on HSN.  Have to start tuning in more often to ctach a glimpse of her in action.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #19   Mar 11, 2008 7:46 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Now tell us that Oreck was not the first to be successful at peddeling bull manure.

My main man HS: First cousin to BS:

ORECK gives the free 30 day in home trial for buyers.  If not completely satisfied, the buyer return's at ORECK's expense AND keep's the gifts.  Marketing genius.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 11, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #20   Mar 11, 2008 7:49 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Clearance is associated with getting rid of overstocks..

My man:

To be exact, disposal of merchadise in stock and inventory AT REDUCED PRICES to make room for new goods.  [Read Webster's].

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #21   Mar 11, 2008 1:51 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

I wholeheartedly agree.  She's a looker!  Thanks for the correct spelling of her name.  I have not seen her before on HSN.  Have to start tuning in more often to ctach a glimpse of her in action.

Carmine D.

Carmine,
We'll we found common ground at last.  This lady got my attention when she hosted Tony Little's latest exercise widget, she's got a body and smarts.  My hats off to the chap who married her.        DIB

This message was modified Mar 11, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #22   Mar 11, 2008 4:06 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,
We'll we found common ground at last.        DIB

Alleluia.  Or, maybe more appropriately: Eureka!

Carmine D.

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42