Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Endangered Species . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Endangered Species . . .
Original Message   Mar 3, 2008 11:35 pm
Hi all,

Tonight I was looking around for some interesting news article and all that turned up first were repeats of an article about a London construction worker who'd become a little too afectionate with a Henry vacuum.  We don't need that one.  Here's a much nicer story.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0304/p20s01-ussc.html

Venson

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Endangered Species . . .
Reply #1   Mar 4, 2008 7:39 am
Thanks Venson.  Wonderful article.  At 50 years, it puts him starting out in the business in 1958.  That's about 9 years after I started in December 1949.  I sold out in 1992 after 40 plus years.  The store with the vacuum business is still there at the points where the city of Newark and the town of Bloomfield border and intersect.  The current owner, who I talk to and visit now and again when I get over to NJ, is still going strong.  The site, unlike the Charms Candy Company and Frelingheuser shipping yard which bordered the store on the right side, have long ago gone.  But the vacuum store has become a landmark in the area.  Some years ago the local newspaper in the town of Bloomfield wanted to do a 50 year story on it and asked me to participate.  I tols them to come back and ask me after 100 years.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42