Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What will they think of next . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

What will they think of next . . .
Original Message   Feb 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Hiya,

Here's a brief article about a new gadget -- a computer mouse with a built-in vacuum cleaner.  Does it have a HEPA?  I dunno.

Thanko_Vacuum_mouse

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/techdigest/20080225/ttc-thanko-launches-vacuum-cleaner-mouse-e870a33.html

Venson

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: What will they think of next . . .
Reply #4   Feb 28, 2008 11:52 am
Hi Mole,

Whatever it picks up is deposited in a little plastic box inside with what appears to be a filter on one side.  I guess you can call it bagless but not cyclonic.

Best

Venson

HARDSELL

Reply #5   Feb 28, 2008 11:57 am
Does it have a head light?
CarmineD

Reply #6   Feb 28, 2008 12:48 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Does it have a head light?

The headlight is standard equipment on the artery vacuum.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #7   Feb 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Is it manual height adjustment or automatic? Is it a 2 or 3 speed motor?, Does it clean in one pass?. Can you use it as a hand dryer?, does it come with a cord or batteries.

Will it plug into your car lighter for portable applications?, does it have a 2 or4 stage nitrous system?

Is it under 500.00...................

mole

Venson

Reply #8   Feb 28, 2008 2:02 pm
mole wrote:
Is it manual height adjustment or automatic? Is it a 2 or 3 speed motor?, Does it clean in one pass?. Can you use it as a hand dryer?, does it come with a cord or batteries.

Will it plug into your car lighter for portable applications?, does it have a 2 or4 stage nitrous system?

Is it under 500.00...................

mole

Hey Mole,

Believe it or not, it only costs about $30 American.  As for any of this machine's other possibilities, if you turn it on and leave it your pocket -- who knows what could happen.

Venson

Venson

Reply #9   Feb 28, 2008 2:09 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

You may have read/heard recently that doctors are taking a new tact on clogged arteries.  Rather than a stint and blowing the clog up and out, they are sucking the clog out with a vacuum.  The results are amazing.  Using the old method of blowing could and did result in a clog later on elsewhere down the path of the artery from the clog remnants/remains.  The new vacuum method precludes the reoccurrence of the clog.

Carmine D

Per Carmine's post, here's a link to the Philadelphia Inquirer regarding the artery cleaner.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/health_science/daily/20080207_Artery_vacuum_said_to_reduce_heart_risk.html

Venson

Venson

Reply #10   Feb 28, 2008 3:39 pm
While we're on the subject of the latest brainstorms . . .

Whatever are the folks at Bissell thinking?  The company has gotten reall good reviews by way of its Healthy Home model but has now come up with the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of regarding an upright vacuum.

I am aware that pet hair removal is a sexy selling point and indeed the model in mention is the "Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum".  Sounds just fine but all this is is a $170 bagless upright with a lint-picking bar attached to the front of the cleaner.  The price is nice but, come on already, shouldn't a revolving brush be enough?  Why would I buy an upright that required that kind of help to get a rug clean?

I'm attaching a link to a demo video of this new marvel in and also a link to its user manual.  It has a standard air-powered mini-nozzle that should also be sufficient but some sort of soft plastic doo-dad of dubious value has been thrown in too.

http://cache.vendaria.com/vpop/VpopV6.html?ct=13&ctname=CT630X556D630X390&fw=630&fh=556&logo=49&fv=9&ap=vnd_bissell_pet_hair_eraser_3920&purl=MAIN_bissell_pet_hair_eraser_3920&iid=sbpgzLIuvIlJlJquLvumgwqKqvIqvv&bg=ffffff&nm=BZOpener&curl=&err=0&title=Bissell&tp=

User manual: http://www.bissell.com/images/UserGuides/3920_907.pdf

Stuff like this makes me want to give up shopping.

Venson

Motorhead

Reply #11   Feb 28, 2008 3:43 pm
Interesting article about the artery cleaner.  I wonder why they didn't come up with that earlier...surely the technology was there as far as a simple vacuum pump is concerned.  

I wonder if the mouse vacuum is as useless as that other plug-in USB vacuum designed for crumbs and such?  The concept is good since many snack at the computer desk, but the suction opening is so small that even the tiniest of crumbs couldn't pass through. 

In regards to Venson's comment about the Bissell "Pet Hair Eraser", that machine has been on the Bissell website for a while now.  Perhaps they came up with that name in response to the Dyson "Animal".  I agree with you in that the "regular" vacuums in both brand lineups do just as well as those intended for special purposes (in this case pet hair).  The irony of the Bissell is that unlike the HealthyHome (and dual-cyclone Velocity series for that matter) it has a bin filter that would no doubt trap pet hair.  There might be some difficulty "erasing" the hair from that, adding to the problem instead of remedying it...

This message was modified Feb 28, 2008 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #12   Feb 29, 2008 6:56 am
Apparently, whenever the wizards post their pics the verbage

on these posts wrap around the length of the computer screen.

Venson et al WRT the artery vacuum:

As the saying goes: The more things change, the more thay stay the same.

Over 100 years ago people cleaned out the dirt in their carpets by beating them

with rug beaters.

The result:  Dust and dirt everywhere.  Even when carpet sweepers were intro'ed

in the late 19 th century, they were billed as lasting a lifetime for

4/5 times the cost of a broom.  Brooms for 25 cents were the norm for cleaning dirt on surfaces.

Carpet sweepers were never billed as collecting and containing dirt for disposal.

Thank goodness for Spangler's dirt collection

invention and HOOVER's wisdom to market it.

Fast forward to the 20 th Century:  Artery clots.  How did the docs remove? 

Beat out and blow away.  Sound familiar?  Not suck up and contain.

That is until somebody put the two events

and their similarities together.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 29, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #13   Mar 5, 2008 8:37 am
Venson wrote:
Wow! That sounds cool but I'd want to be sure there's a nagging nurse around to make sure the doctor gets into all the corners.

Venson

Unfortunately Venson, these nurses were non-existent recently when a cadre of self-righteous doctors allowed their health clinics and centers to reuse syringes and vials.  All to save a few extra bucks.  At the expense of unknowing patients.  Over 40,000 plus are at risk now for HIV, Hepatitus C, and other related blood diseases.  And these doctors are appealing to keep their organizations open!  My Christian upbringing prevents me from thinking and saying what end shouold befall these doctors.  I suspect you can infer them.

Carmine D.

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42