Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
HARDSELL

Royal Eminence
Original Message   Feb 22, 2008 9:45 am
Does anyone have experience with this model from Royal?

All comments are welcome.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Venson

Re: Royal Eminence
Reply #1   Feb 22, 2008 1:15 pm
http://www.royalvacuums.com/Household/Uprights/eminence.aspx
HARDSELL

Reply #2   Feb 22, 2008 7:04 pm
Thanks Venson.  I really want user opinions/experiences not company propaganda.
Motorhead

Reply #3   Feb 22, 2008 8:47 pm
I'm curious as well as to who makes these; they don't appear to be a "house" design by Royal. 

One thing that stands out in particular is the Panasonic-like belt lifter on the higher-end model...
Venson

Reply #4   Feb 22, 2008 9:25 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Thanks Venson.  I really want user opinions/experiences not company propaganda.

Hardsell, it was not my intent to spread propaganda but to help anyone who who's not aware of this specific product to get a general idea of what it's like.  Any harm in that?
HARDSELL

Reply #5   Feb 23, 2008 8:22 am
Venson wrote:
Hardsell, it was not my intent to spread propaganda but to help anyone who who's not aware of this specific product to get a general idea of what it's like.  Any harm in that?

Good morning Venson,

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic to a gentleman such as you.  I was trying to respond in a light hearted manner.   Please accept my apology.

I purchased one of these in August and would like some opinions of the vacuum.  Just curious if should have asked prior ot purchase..

Venson

Reply #6   Feb 23, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi Hardsell,

Forget it -- there's nothing to apologize for.

Best,

Venson

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #7   Feb 25, 2008 2:00 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Good morning Venson,

I purchased one of these in August and would like some opinions of the vacuum.  Just curious if should have asked prior ot purchase..

Well, since you purchased this machine in August, why not tell the viewers about it and what you like/dislike about it.  You tell us that you purchase vacuum cleaners then usually return them, because they are not comparable to the dyson.  Why not put something in the review section.
This message was modified Feb 25, 2008 by Mike_W
budmattingly

Reply #8   Mar 7, 2008 9:47 pm
Hi Hardsell,

I just bought the RY9750 a few days ago. It came shipped with the handle and hose needing attached. It seems to be well built. Type U Royal-air Bag in dustcompartment . Metal handle with a cushion grip. Metal bottom plate that

has a latch to remove the bottom plate and a metal brush roll with stiff brushes. I have only had the chance to use it once and it did a very good job. I bought mine off of Ebay by doing a search for Royal Eminence. Their is a vac dealer selling

brand new ones in factory box. I checked it out before I put it together. It was brand new in unopend box. This dealer was selling them for $249 and $15.00 shipping.He raised the price on the one I purchased to $ 2 69 and $15.00 shipping.

Ordered Monday night and received it Thursday. Fast Shipping. On my packing list the vacuum came from Allied Vacuum in NC. I looked on Royals website for the zip code and Allied Vacuum was listed as a Royal Dealer. I was able to turn

in the Warranty Card.

This message was modified Mar 7, 2008 by budmattingly
HARDSELL

Reply #9   Mar 8, 2008 4:50 pm
budmattingly wrote:
Hi Hardsell,

I just bought the RY9750 a few days ago. It came shipped with the handle and hose needing attached. It seems to be well built. Type U Royal-air Bag in dustcompartment . Metal handle with a cushion grip. Metal bottom plate that

has a latch to remove the bottom plate and a metal brush roll with stiff brushes. I have only had the chance to use it once and it did a very good job. I bought mine off of Ebay by doing a search for Royal Eminence. Their is a vac dealer selling

brand new ones in factory box. I checked it out before I put it together. It was brand new in unopend box. This dealer was selling them for $249 and $15.00 shipping.He raised the price on the one I purchased to $ 2 69 and $15.00 shipping.

Ordered Monday night and received it Thursday. Fast Shipping. On my packing list the vacuum came from Allied Vacuum in NC. I looked on Royals website for the zip code and Allied Vacuum was listed as a Royal Dealer. I was able to turn

in the Warranty Card.

I paid $299 at a local vac shop.  I like the way it gives carpet a groomed look, although I do wonder if it is removing the maximum dirt.  Strings or sock lint require multiple passes to be thoroughly removed.  I vacuumed my car Thursday.  The hose suction is not nearly so good as on the Dyson.  I had to make several passes to remove grass and gravel from  the carpet. This debris was just on the carpet and not embedded.

All in all a good vacuum the has a feel of quality.  You already know that I still prefer the Dyson.

CarmineD

Reply #10   Mar 8, 2008 6:06 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

You already know that I still prefer the Dyson.

How much did you pay for the dyson?

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42