Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Has any one ever heard of this Vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
theghostvac

Has any one ever heard of this Vacuum
Original Message   Feb 12, 2008 5:15 pm
Id like to start be saying hello to every one.  I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but i was wondering if some one could help me with a type of vacuum that i have.   I have an old Eureka Model 100B that i'm trying to find bags and parts for i know it takes type D bags and id gladly buy a whole vac if any one had one but i can't seem to find any thin on this vacuum and it has no name on it any where just model number 100 then the letter B.   Any help would be wonderful.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Has any one ever heard of this Vacuum
Reply #1   Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm
theghostvac wrote:
Id like to start be saying hello to every one.  I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but i was wondering if some one could help me with a type of vacuum that i have.   I have an old Eureka Model 100B that i'm trying to find bags and parts for i know it takes type D bags and id gladly buy a whole vac if any one had one but i can't seem to find any thin on this vacuum and it has no name on it any where just model number 100 then the letter B.   Any help would be wonderful.

That sounds like a Eureka stick vac from the 1960's or 70's.  I have a 102 that someone found for me in a thrift shop a few years ago, along with bags.  Noisy little thing, but looks cool and has decent power.  You really don't see too many of those.  One thing I like is the removable fill tube which makes changing the bag easy.

Bags for these are very much obsolete and extremely difficult to come across, but there's always a way to improvise.  Notice how they are designed.  They're a smaller version of a Hoover Type C (Convertible bottom-fill) bag, mounted upside down.  Of course Hoover Type C bags are very plentiful and extremely easy to come across.  Find yourself a few packages of those and attach it the same as you would a Eureka D bag, except fold part of the lower fill tube portion over so it will fit snugly on the fill tube.  Roll the spring back to hold it in place, put the fill tube and new bag back in the cleaner, and there you go.  Simple as that.

I'm trying to remember what models were included in the 100-series.  If that "Whisk" hand vac was a 100-series, and that's what you have, it takes a different bag than the stick vac which may be a little harder to improvise.  At any rate...

Hope this helps,
-MH
This message was modified Feb 12, 2008 by Motorhead
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42