Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Aerus/electrolux
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:47 am
Has any of the forum regulars recently looked at the offerings from AERUS/ELECTROLUX.?.They still make an outstanding time tested product.The prices are right also.

These machines are more than likely considered heirlooms that are passed down generation to generation.For when your tired of buying the hyped junk ,do yourself a favor and buy one of these.

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Aerus/electrolux
Reply #1   Jan 19, 2008 1:07 pm
I believe the Miele 5000 series beats it in every category. I have 2 sisters, one owns a Lux the other I sold a Miele. Hates the Lux loves the Miele. I sell both FYI.
Venson

Reply #2   Jan 19, 2008 2:44 pm
Hi Mole,

I've always liked Electrolux though I've become a little wary as I know quite little about its new owner Aerus.  Last report that I heard, weight and noise issues re the top of the line Guardian remain.  What improvements have come about since the Renaissance.  In any event, even at $1,600 a pop I can tolerate a little extra weight if there's some good stuff going on but see no reason for excess noise,  Also I think the power nozzle, also especially in light of the price of the machine, could use some sort of height adjustment capability.  If you push down on the wands the front of the power nozzle will raise until you release pressure.  The PN might also be a little better by way of a slightly more aggressive brushing action.  They also need to find a way to better integrate the HEPA.  So far it is a lump sitting on top of the cleaner.  It make the company look to cheap to do modifications.

Lux International, somehow an affilaite of Areus puts out the Lux Royal 1.  With a few adaptations,  a good power nozzle for one,  it coud be far the better machine.  The company usually produces 220 volt models but I personally tried to get a 115 volt model (slightly different level of cycles) brought in from the Caribbean but the sales rep there could not place single orders.  I would much prefer this machine over the Guardian but Lux International apparently is not making any moves to producing product for the U.S. Very sad, as product from everywhere is being dragged across our borders by everyone else, we could stand a few of these around.  Most refreshing, to the best of my knowledge, this company puts its funds and attention into just this one model vacuum.

Lux 1

http://www.luxinternational.com/products/bright_home/vacuum_cleaner/

Aerus puts out a decent machine but it's time for them to move on to bigger and better things.  Believe me I have always been tempted by both Miele and Aerus as they have lots of flash and dash but automatically think again because of the asking prices.  If you want me to spend a lot of money you've surely got to present features beyond just the ability to clean the living room rug.  Miele though another company with five or six more models than necessary, in it's way, wins out to my mind since there are power nozzle and cleaning tool options aplenty offered plus low decible operation.

Best,

Venson

mole

Reply #3   Jan 20, 2008 11:59 am
Hi Venson,I agree with you that the Guardian/9000,is loud and on the pricy and heavy side,this is usually the model thats sold dy the direct sales people.Usually sold with the air system,shampooer,upright all packeged together,for 4500.00.The sales people work on COMMISSION,and will make the most money selling these packages.

The Classic series loaded with attachments and the sidekick,and the free lux-lite oreck looking clone,sells for the same price as a miele champange.The most popular automatic series,has a 10 year parts and labor motor warranty,and 5 on the rest of it,Still the strongest in the industry,and backed by over 700 locations in the U.S.A and CANADA.

The design is a little long in the tooth,but people are use to it,like it, and repeat buy.

A little game played in the salesmanship department,The old line people dont buy KIRBY'S people are sold KIRBY'S ...

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42