Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 1 - 10 of 316NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: DIB: Vacuum related videos...
Reply #1   Dec 15, 2007 10:58 pm
I've uploaded a Kenmore Premalite tv commercial here.  Any comments?        DIB
This message was modified Dec 15, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Re: DIB: Vacuum related videos...
Reply #2   Dec 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Hi DIB,

Thanks for the Premalite commercial.  It's still in the plan to get one but postponed until more necessary things are seen to.  I did come across one disgruntled buyer's thoughts at epinions.com.  The complaint was that despite Premalite's good hose suction it was it did not produce the same when used as an upright.  This of course was interesting to me because the issue was somethng I'm not much aware of the average user taking note of.

I wondered at it but remembered that it was just about the same with a Royal Powercast I once purchased for someone. It's tool suction was terrific but delivery at the floor end turned out to be far less.  I tested this by turning off the brushroll and setting the cleaner on a large plastic bag.  The seal was easy to break indicating that the level of suction at the floor was nowhere near the same as that available via the hose.  I'd also note that I noticed no indication of a significant air leakage around the cover of its suction port for tools when closed.  Nonetheless, I'd match the Powercast's rug cleaning ability with any good machine out there.  It did a marvelous job on wall-to-wall that had been carelessly tended to by my friend's household helper.

Thinking on it further, I began to wonder if this may not have been part of the design scheme.  With a decently fashioned brushroll you really don't need tremendous suction to clean carpets well though high suction may aid in accomplishing thorough carpet cleaning faster.  I'd also assume that an intended suction bleed might allow the cleaner to be easier to push in general and easier to handle on throw rugs and small area rugs.  Great performer that it is, the Kirby G5 I also have presents a problem when going over small, light rugs.

Anyway . . . I'll get to see for myself soon.  Thanks again and all the best for the holidays.

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Dec 16, 2007 by Venson
DysonInventsBig

Re: Vacuum related videos...
Reply #3   Feb 5, 2008 2:40 pm

Disney / Pixar    "Wall-E"         Here    Here

Acerone

Reply #4   Feb 5, 2008 4:50 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
</p><p>Disney / Pixar    &quot;Wall-E&quot;         Here    Here

I saw this during the super bowl.. :)
DysonInventsBig

Reply #5   Mar 29, 2008 6:18 pm
Dyson DC24 and others shown.  Here and DC24-Slow Motion.        DIB

Motorhead

Reply #6   Mar 29, 2008 6:40 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dyson DC24 and others shown.  Here and DC24-Slow Motion.        DIB

Great videos, thanks for sharing.  The DC24 appears to be the best out of the lot as far as the vacuums covered on that segment are concerned.  I've seen the Intensity in person and it appeared to be very cheaply made; I also know someone who had one at one point and they didn't care for it either, one of the plastic segments in the baseplate broke off somehow.  The Kenmore canister isn't bad, I'd say that was second best.  I always thought they were a bit big, but they've always been good performers and a decent value.

And there's the WindTunnel bagless canister that has been mentioned here many times.  I had never seen one out of the box until now and had no idea now big it was, though I never thought it would have been this big.  What a monstrosity.  I bet that oddly-shaped dirt cup with the nasty bin filter is a mess to empty on top of that.  Hope whoever has one of those has a large trashcan...

-MH
This message was modified Mar 29, 2008 by Motorhead
DysonInventsBig

Reply #7   Apr 15, 2008 2:32 pm
Motorhead wrote:
Great videos, thanks for sharing.  The DC24 appears to be the best out of the lot as far as the vacuums covered on that segment are concerned.  I've seen the Intensity in person and it appeared to be very cheaply made; I also know someone who had one at one point and they didn't care for it either, one of the plastic segments in the baseplate broke off somehow.  The Kenmore canister isn't bad, I'd say that was second best.  I always thought they were a bit big, but they've always been good performers and a decent value.

And there's the WindTunnel bagless canister that has been mentioned here many times.  I had never seen one out of the box until now and had no idea now big it was, though I never thought it would have been this big.  What a monstrosity.  I bet that oddly-shaped dirt cup with the nasty bin filter is a mess to empty on top of that.  Hope whoever has one of those has a large trashcan...

-MH
You are welcome.        DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #8   Apr 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Silver winner of the Dyson Design Challenge interviewed on CanadaAM: http://www.ctv.ca/canadaam  > video link “Micha Wallace invented Braking devise”.  This video looks like it is about ready to be rotated off the video play roster.  Try also the video’s direct link if found (below).  It opened and played in my Windows Media Player.

http://esi.ctv.ca/datafeed/urlgen2.aspx?vid=45316

More of the awards linked below…

http://www.jamesdysonfoundation.com/jda/winner2008.asp

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91221-1312250,00.html

DIB.

This message was modified Apr 15, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson and other Vacuum related videos...
Reply #9   Apr 15, 2008 4:48 pm
James Dyson at a press junket (presumably) for the DC24/25 launch.  http://video.yahoo.com/network/100000023?v=2353824&l=3442554

Dyson guys:  Since locating, linking videos and posting here are at times time consuming, let me know if you want me to continue posting videos.  I'd hate to be wasting my time.  Thanks.        DIB

This message was modified Apr 16, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: Dyson and other Vacuum related videos...
Reply #10   Apr 16, 2008 5:57 pm
DIB

Thanks for the video link on Dyson...liking the DC24!

DC18

Replies: 1 - 10 of 316NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42