Original Message   Sep 28, 2007 4:55 pm
This message was modified Oct 23, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 1 - 10 of 19NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: James Dyson, inventor: DC16 / Root6 "Animal"? LInks & pics
Reply #1   Sep 29, 2007 5:30 am
Dyson DC16 Animal Root 6 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Iron Titanium and Bronze

Here is another picture of the DC16 Root 6 Animal!  Looks like you can easily remove the brush bar!

They are giving away of few accessories packs in the UK with the DC16 at the moment!

DysonInventsBig

Reply #2   Sep 29, 2007 6:36 am
DC18 wrote:
Dyson DC16 Animal Root 6 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Iron Titanium and Bronze

Here is another picture of the DC16 Root 6 Animal!  Looks like you can easily remove the brush bar!

They are giving away of few accessories packs in the UK with the DC16 at the moment!

Hello DC18,

I think as I was re-editing my original post (above) and adding a better pic, the Amazon pic, while you were too.  What are your thoughts of James Dyson designing the runway at Paris Fashion Week?  Certainly James the "designer" must be delighted to design away from inventions.  He was proud to talk of his many designs; conference table, water flowing uphill, bench (Jerry Hall posed on) all good.  But being asked to design a stage and wind for such an audience as fantastic.  I no almost nothing of Paris Fashion Week but guess it is probably in the top one or two fashion shows on earth.  This guy is "unique".  Inviting Sir James to designing a fashion runway at Paris Fashion Week is huge.

Take care,

DIB

M00seUK

Reply #3   Sep 29, 2007 1:07 pm

With a RRP of 130 GBP, they're really looking to push the envelope on pricing for hand-held vacs! DC-16 (standard) is now typically priced at 80 GBP, so pet owners are being persuaded to part with around 50 GB for the privilege of this vac. It's frustrating not being able to view the front of the product - I presume it's an electric powered brush bar, like a mini version of the Dyson MotorHead attachment? If so, I wonder how much heaver it's made the product?

'thing is, even at such a premium, it could do well. Pet owners will often spend a fortune on their animals (I saw it first-hand, I used to work at a large out-of-town retailer of pet stuff). To the best of my knowledge, there isn't much in the way of competition when it comes to cord-less handhelds with a powered brushbar?

DysonInventsBig

Reply #4   Sep 29, 2007 1:51 pm
M00seUK wrote:

With a RRP of 130 GBP, they're really looking to push the envelope on pricing for hand-held vacs! DC-16 (standard) is now typically priced at 80 GBP, so pet owners are being persuaded to part with around 50 GB for the privilege of this vac. It's frustrating not being able to view the front of the product - I presume it's an electric powered brush bar, like a mini version of the Dyson MotorHead attachment? If so, I wonder how much heaver it's made the product?

'thing is, even at such a premium, it could do well. Pet owners will often spend a fortune on their animals (I saw it first-hand, I used to work at a large out-of-town retailer of pet stuff). To the best of my knowledge, there isn't much in the way of competition when it comes to cord-less handhelds with a powered brushbar?

Hi M00se,

You can email a quesion (I believe) or have Amazon call you regurading the question on - Nozzle using batteries or turbine.  Recently I used this service - it was lighting fast. - As soon as I submited my telephone number my phone rang with a live Amazone rep.  Very cool.      DIB

Try this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/026-9602278-8660421?ie=UTF8&nodeId=471044

Dyson now has a dedicated web site for a UK DC16 - http://www.dc16-handheld.com/

This message was modified Sep 29, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

Acerone

Reply #5   Sep 29, 2007 6:21 pm
Here's some more pics of the Animal.

M00seUK

Reply #6   Sep 30, 2007 9:13 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Dyson now has a dedicated web site for a UK DC16 - http://www.dc16-handheld.com/

That's not an official Dyson web site for the DC16, although it is fairly well done, so hard to tell.
Whoever is behind it is presumably looking to capitalise on potential search traffic which might come its way, in time...
DysonInventsBig

Reply #7   Sep 30, 2007 2:12 pm
M00seUK wrote:
That's not an official Dyson web site for the DC16, although it is fairly well done, so hard to tell.
Whoever is behind it is presumably looking to capitalise on potential search traffic which might come its way, in time...

DC16 is trademarked and this site should go the way of iPodwhatevers.coms did.  Steve warned nicely (I think) those to remove ipod from their Domain.  And now uses his lawyers to enforce this and he warns too. 

The CleanerSpares.com is thieving Dyson’s artwork and look in an attempt to deceive.  Anyways, Dyson has been made aware of them, well see what happens.   

M00se, isn't Apache server software used by small time users?  This and the URL (located in Germany) I found on NetworkSolutions.    DIB

This message was modified Sep 30, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

M00seUK

Reply #8   Sep 30, 2007 3:35 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

M00se, isn't Apache server software used by small time users?  This and the URL (located in Germany) I found on NetworkSolutions.    DIB

Well since you asked!

Apache is used by the vast majority of the web servers on the internet and runs some of the biggest web sites. However, it's true to say a corporate user (like Dyson) is more likely to run other servers (typically Microsoft technologies). The reason being that if they have the in-house talent, it's an efficient way to develop web-based applications and also for integration with their CRM, etc. But a start up will almost always go for open source alternatives like Apache, MySQL and PHP. Personally speaking, I'm a director of a small business and we have two web servers running Apache. The best example of open source is Google. If they'd chosen MS technologies from the start, they'd never have been able to afford the licensing costs to up scale the business.

M00seUK

Reply #9   Oct 1, 2007 9:38 am

New version today of the Dyson UK web site:-

http://www.dyson.co.uk

Very 'web 2.0' in it's appearance and as one area of my trade is web site usability, I can see that a sufficient amount of time has gone in to that area of the design.

As it will have to be localised and rolled out to 30+ regional sites in time, a lot of design thought has likely had to go making that as easy as possible. Looks like a good end result to me.

Main points include:-

• Apple / 'web 2.0' style reflective surfaces
  • 360 degree product views, with new zoom function
  • Real-time product feature search e.g. show all lightweights
  • Product roll-over to highlight features
  • Animations are no-longer used

With regards to the DC16 animal, it appears to offer a turbine powered brush bar? Interestingly, it's not possible to order this part from the accessory shop at the moment. One reason might be that you could buy the DC16 standard on-line for 80 GBP, buy this part from Dyson for say 20 GBP, and make a 30 GBP saving!

Okay, so of the 8 new products rumoured to launch, we've had 1 in the DC16 animal. 7 more to go??

This message was modified Oct 1, 2007 by M00seUK
DysonInventsBig

no subject
Reply #10   Oct 1, 2007 12:44 pm
This message was modified Oct 23, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 1 - 10 of 19NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42