Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

no subject
Original Message   Sep 20, 2007 8:06 pm

This message was modified Oct 23, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: unD y s o n >>> there goes the neighborhood...
Reply #6   Sep 22, 2007 5:31 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hello DIB

I have to say LG's DynaClean system looks very impressive, although the Compressed Model is the one being pushed in the UK at present.  It can't be long before James Dyson Root Cyclone Patent runs out!  I'm surprised nothing new has come out of the Dyson camp in terms of new cyclone technology!  Yes the Level 3 Root has but that not much of a big change!  In some ways I'm surprised Dyson hasn't done anything about LG and others that have copied and produced their version of root cyclone! 

I think Dyson is looking into filter and cyclone development as there has been some Engineer for Filter and cyclone separation Jobs going.  Hopefully one or more of the new 8 vacuums planned will have something new on them!?

DC18

Mr.  DC,

Glad to talk (post) with you and other Dyson folks here who enjoy inventors.  As I have said before, James Dyson is an invenor first and formost and a manufacurer second.  I too, saw the advert for the filter engineer on Dysons job postings.  Funny there is someone other than me who digs online looking for anything of Dyson. 

I have some Dyson video (small in file size) I can email you if you want.  Interviews, etc. that James did here in he US.  If interested, just send me a private message with your email address.

DIB

This message was modified Sep 22, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

M00seUK

Re: unD y s o n >>> there goes the neighborhood...
Reply #7   Sep 22, 2007 6:11 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hello M00se,

Would you be kind enough to link these patent filings.  I would love to see them. 

Many Thanks.

DIB

Check out US2002189451.
DysonInventsBig

no subject
Reply #8   Sep 22, 2007 7:54 pm

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: James Dyson >>> There goes the neighborhood - LG Cyclone DynaClean
Reply #9   Sep 23, 2007 8:48 am
Hi DIB

Nice to see there is others that share the same interest in all things 'Dyson'.   James Dyson is just so different to the norm in all things he invents with his Engineers not just the way they look but the way in which they work and perform!

I've sent you a private message of my email address.  Be interesting to see though video clips to do with Dyson!

DC18

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #10   Sep 23, 2007 8:55 am
M00seUK

Although there is still pleny of years left on the Root Cyclone technology apart from the Level 3 version and the reversal of the cyclones fromt he DC07 to the DC14 onwards not alot has progressed that we can see yet in this area on Dyson Vacuums!  Yes there may be serveral projects they are working on to improve and develope this technology but nothing has come to light as yet!  Probably the Level 3 is the way forward for now who knows what else they have in the pipeline!

The re-launch of the DC14 in the UK using the new colour scheme they could have used the level 3 root cyclone on that!

With so many now copying the root cyclone Dyson needs to stay ahead!

DC18

Venson

Reply #11   Sep 24, 2007 7:52 pm
Hello all,

I may have missed the mention, but the LG DynaClean is the machine the Kenmore Progressive bagless canister was cloned from.  This machine was also known as the Iridium. Some of the DynaCleans fancier features -- I recall it had the ability to "talk" and silver oxide as a bacterial deterent in the plastic its dust collection bin was made of -- were left behind along with the DynaClean's hose and power nozzle design.  The Progressive Bagless nonetheless possessed a number of features I liked and made itself all the likeable by way of somewhat lesser price.

I own one and have found it to be a most satisfactory performer.  Although it could use just a slight trimming down sizewise, it is the first bagless machine that I've not minded dealing with come time for emptying.  There are only two actual filters used in this machine which makes it all the more amazing to me that with a wash-out now and then of the dust collection bin and a sensible emptying routine the pre-filter only presents minimal amounts of dust.  That kind of science is good enough for me. I have not developed a great interest for Dysons and think it's most unfortunate that for whatever reason the Progressive Bagless was not allowed to live as far as the market is concerned.

Regarding who owes what to whom, I think the Dyson did its share of borrowing for the Fantom upright design.

Regards,

Venson

DysonInventsBig

no subject
Reply #12   Sep 25, 2007 3:19 pm

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #13   Sep 25, 2007 4:44 pm
The Kenmore Progressive Iridium is a vacuum cleaner made by LG Electronics.  The vacuum was first marketed in Europe and then to the United States.  The Kenmore does have some modifictions for the US market(hose, wand, power nozzle,etc.).  I have found that the vacuum cleaner performs very well. 

If a vacuum cleaner is made smaller, then the bag compartment must also be made smaller.  This translates into more trips to the trashcan for emptying.  Having to make more trips to the trash may deter some from making this vacuum cleaner purchase.  So, I believe that the Iridium is a decent size for a full sized vacuum cleaner.  It is much harder to design a bagless dirt container than to design a bag compartment of a bagged cleaner.

This message was modified Sep 25, 2007 by Mike_W
DysonInventsBig

no subject
Reply #14   Sep 25, 2007 5:20 pm

Hertz

Reply #15   Aug 6, 2010 10:17 pm
Venson wrote:
Hello all,

I may have missed the mention, but the LG DynaClean is the machine the Kenmore Progressive bagless canister was cloned from.  This machine was also known as the Iridium. Some of the DynaCleans fancier features -- I recall it had the ability to "talk" and silver oxide as a bacterial deterent in the plastic its dust collection bin was made of -- were left behind along with the DynaClean's hose and power nozzle design.  The Progressive Bagless nonetheless possessed a number of features I liked and made itself all the likeable by way of somewhat lesser price.

I own one and have found it to be a most satisfactory performer.  Although it could use just a slight trimming down sizewise, it is the first bagless machine that I've not minded dealing with come time for emptying.  There are only two actual filters used in this machine which makes it all the more amazing to me that with a wash-out now and then of the dust collection bin and a sensible emptying routine the pre-filter only presents minimal amounts of dust.  That kind of science is good enough for me. I have not developed a great interest for Dysons and think it's most unfortunate that for whatever reason the Progressive Bagless was not allowed to live as far as the market is concerned.

Regarding who owes what to whom, I think the Dyson did its share of borrowing for the Fantom upright design.

Regards,

Venson

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but Fantom LICENSED its technology FROM Dyson.
Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42