Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover Quadrflex Power nozzle

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vaclov

Hoover Quadrflex Power nozzle
Original Message   Aug 21, 2007 9:37 pm
I just recently purchased  my Beam Central vacuum, but due to budget issues I ended up getting a Hoover power nozzle and attachment kit.  I know its not the sturdiest but I did see a Hoover Quadraflex on Ebay and I was wondering if I should replace the new power nozzle with the Quadraflex.  Will it clean the same or better?
This message was modified Nov 8, 2007 by vaclov
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Re: Hoover Quadrflex Power nozzle
Reply #1   Aug 22, 2007 1:37 am
I would personally go with a nozzle more like this one, one that uses a geared belt.
vaclov

Reply #2   Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm thinking about returning the power brush because its soo noisy, it beats the purpose of even having the central vacuum installed.

I think I saw a Wessel Werk on ebay for just $169, but which power nozzle were you refering to?

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #3   Aug 24, 2007 4:18 am
vaclov wrote:
I just recently purchased  my Nutone Central vacuum, but due to budget issues I ended up getting a Hoover power nozzle and attachment kit.  I know its not the sturdiest but I did see a Hoover Quadraflex on Ebay and I was wondering if I should replace the new power nozzle with the Quadraflex.  Will it clean the same or better?

I am going to assume that you mean you purchased the standard power nozzle for your central system instead of the Windtunnel power nozzle.  You  would have done better to just purchase the used Quadraflex agitator power nozzle on ebay or purchase the Windtunnel power nozzle.  These power nozzles are quieter, but the belt will need to be changed approx. once a year.

Another option would be to purchase a Nutone power nozzle CT650 w/V-belt.  The nozzle will run quietly compared to a cogged belt of the same make.  A Wessel-Werk power nozzle will run quietly eventhough it uses a cogged belt.  You could not go wrong for a quieter power nozzle w/any of these two.

vaclov

Reply #4   Aug 24, 2007 8:03 pm
I did purchase the standard and I regret every moment of it. The power nozzle sounds like a really load upright even though its small, I'm thinking of the Powermax now or the Wessel Werk. I need something that's small and not to bulky like the Windtunnel or the Nutone power nozzles. Now Mike, will the PowerMax nozzle be quieter than the standard nozzle, I like how the standard is flat and can fit under anything within my home but the noise has become too much for me to bear, and the Quadraflex sold on Ebay already.
vaclov

Reply #5   Sep 14, 2007 8:22 pm
Is there anybody out there that is willing to sell a Hoover Quadraflex power nozzle to me, I just can't seem to find one. I looked on a couple of sites such as www.okvacuums.com but I know its impossible to buy a brand new Hoover Quadraflex nozzle.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #6   Sep 14, 2007 10:46 pm
vaclov wrote:
Is there anybody out there that is willing to sell a Hoover Quadraflex power nozzle to me, I just can't seem to find one. I looked on a couple of sites such as www.okvacuums.com but I know its impossible to buy a brand new Hoover Quadraflex nozzle.

Hello,

I'm no vac pro or collector bur do no how to search the web quite well.  Here is a "cached Google ebay page" with this nozzle.  It is sold of course but it was available recently.  I would suggest (if looking on eBay) to sigh up for email "notices" of anything you are looking for.  - ebay.com/sign in> My ebay>All Favorites> Searches> "Add a new search" ...design your search criteria and then sign up for email noification.  This is a great way to have eBay look for you automatically.  I find my grandfathers old novels (he was once a writer) this way.

cached page - http://cgi.ebay.com/Hoover-Quadraflex-Power-head-nozzle-vacuum-cleaner-LOOK_W0QQitemZ160145234182QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43530QQcmdZViewItem

DIB

vaclov

Reply #7   Sep 29, 2007 6:11 pm
I snagged a brand new Hoover Quadraflex Powermatic Central vacuum set on ebay and just recevied it in mail today, and it works fantastic, its quiet and picks up alot of dirt (its like sand was pouring through the hose).  I won it for $71 and with just I paid just over $80.  I still shocked that I got such a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330168152884&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:US:11
This message was modified Sep 29, 2007 by vaclov
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42