Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Where's everyone?
Original Message   Jul 26, 2007 11:35 pm
I think we lost a lot of members with the move...
This message was modified Jul 26, 2007 by Acerone
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Danorob

Re: Where's everyone?
Reply #1   Jul 27, 2007 5:14 pm
I think that part of the problem is that people do not know about the change - had I not checked the forum at the time and day that I did, I would not have known about the change either...

The next day, the original forum link (if you had it book marked under your favorites) no longer functioned - You would have to go to the address bar, and remove all the the information with the exception of the original main website address...

I am sure a lot of people just think that the website is down for one reason or another... they will figure it out in time....

Only my thoughts...

Dan

This message was modified Jul 27, 2007 by Danorob
Moderator admin

Re: Where's everyone?
Reply #2   Jul 30, 2007 8:15 am
We have been wondering the same thing!

Here is how we did the move:
On Monday morning at about 7am we sent PMs to the top 50 or so posters on wtb-V informing them of the move. We wanted them to have the opportunity to reserve their usernames over here before everyone found out about the move. We also placed a post on the forum a little later on Monday. On Tuesday morning we placed a message at the top of the forum to let everyone know that the move was imminent and also posted the link location. By Tuesday night we made the move.

You live and you learn... I think what we experienced here is that regulars to this forum are faithful but infrequent. They do not check the forum daily but when come they post and contribute good stuff.

If I had it to do over again I would have changed the transition time from 36 hours to 3-5 days.

Anyway, we changed the link at wtb-v so that it will take people directly here - to the forum. I am confident that we will see all the regulars keep trickling in.

Thanks for putting up with us!
Craig
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42