Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > info on Speedex tractors?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

info on Speedex tractors?
Original Message   Mar 16, 2005 12:08 pm
I just recently found out that Speedex stopped production in 2002. I did find an owners' website that seems dedicated to the vintage tractors of the 1950s and 1960s but essentially no info on stuff from the 1980s-1990s. Anyone here own one or use one? What do you think of them? Are parts still available?

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 10 of 12NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: info on Speedex tractors?
Reply #1   Mar 16, 2005 12:26 pm
Joe,

They have a website still up and running. Don't know what that means? Here's a link.

http://www.speedex.com/

I found this also, probably the same thing you found, cool pics!

http://jacques_lacasse.tripod.com/Speedex/Speedex.htm
Marshall

Reply #2   Mar 16, 2005 12:48 pm
Joe, here's more info, you can pick your model and download manuals too if you want. Looks like you might be able to buy decals too.

http://www.speedextractorinformation.com/
bontaiJoe

Reply #3   Mar 16, 2005 12:58 pm
Marshall,

The website: www.speedextractorinformation.com is where I found out that production ceased in 2000 (I was mistaken in saying 2002 before). I recently heard of one for sale and it's cheap, but ain't so cheap that I'm driving 300 miles without some info first if you know what I mean . They are not very common and this one needs work, so thats why I was asking about parts availablilty. My loving wife won't allow any "new" machine to become a lawn ornament.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #4   Mar 16, 2005 1:02 pm
LOL. My wife would have never allowed that either, not so sure I would want it as well. 

Did you try that parts "tab" on that site?
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #5   Mar 16, 2005 5:26 pm
engine parts are no problem and tranny parts should be okay to . the only problem would be belts or odd electrics.and we could always cross reference belts for you.

electrics can usually be repaired and there are some very good electrical guys here.

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
bontaiJoe

Reply #6   Mar 18, 2005 1:02 pm
I'm worried that I'll never get parts for any attachments, or even find attachments that fit as I have seen very little Speedex stuff on ebay. As it turns out, I have a line on an old Deere 216 that needs some TLC and I think I'm gonna focus on that.

snowshoveler

Reply #7   Mar 18, 2005 6:05 pm
i have found that most attachments are built by other companies and then sold as options for whatever tractor you have .

the only difference is the colours and sometime the mounting brackets

some things will of course be tractor specific but a lot can be mounted on many machines.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
robmints

Reply #8   Mar 18, 2005 7:57 pm
Wonder what happened to PowerKing. Did he have Economy's?
snowshoveler

Reply #9   Mar 19, 2005 8:47 am
wouldnt Powerking have had ...Powerking tractors 

later chris 

robmints

Reply #10   Mar 19, 2005 9:06 am
I don't know why I thought Economy made PowerKing and the PK Jim Dandy and one other that I can't think of. My memory is getting foggy though.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 12NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42