Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST1136 - Axle Removal

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
zslnk

Ariens ST1136 - Axle Removal
Original Message   Mar 15, 2005 10:17 pm
Hello,
So I've been working to get my 'new' 1985 ST1136 back in good form and I've found that the axle bearings are a quite worn. After taking the wheels off I can't figure out how to get the axle shafts out from the differential unit. The only method I can think of is to pound out a 1/4"x1-1/4" pin that is on the diff lock at the end of the axle. Can anyone tell me how to get this apart? I've tried to hammer out the pin and it doesn't look like it wants to move...

I got this blower used and it's a little rusty but a very nice working machine. After I replace the wheel bearings I think that I'll have a really good blower. I purchased this machine for $700CAD used, not bad for a professional machine with the cast gearbox and diff lock. I hadn't been a big fan of Briggs but this one has an 11hp engine and after a carb rebuild it's working really well!

Thanks,
Craig

Thanks,
Craig

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42