Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Power Washer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
OrchidCrazy

Power Washer
Original Message   Feb 13, 2005 7:46 am
Thinking ahead to spring, wondering about buying hubby a power washer. What advice can you guys give me on what to look for, decent brands, etc. I do not want to break the bank. It would be used for things like washing the house, deck, front walkway. Not sure what other uses it might have. House is a 2 story colonial, we live on a hill so one area is about 2 1/2 stories about ground when you add in the foundation that is above ground there. Wouldn't something with as small a footprint as can be had for it's size.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Sandy

Replies: 14 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Re: Power Washer
Reply #14   Mar 15, 2005 3:26 pm
I got me a Wal-mart special. lol It's only 2000 psi but it takes care of the light work. Only paid 150.00 for it new

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Re: Power Washer
Reply #15   Mar 15, 2005 6:36 pm
I also have a 1700 lb. pressure, electric model---works find for washing the car or truck or washing down the house.  One problem I have is occasionally it will start a cycle of doing nothing when I pull the trigger.  Called the service hotline and a lady told me what to do.  Seems the water in our area has chemicals that build up and causes the micro switches to malfunction.   The remedy---pour some vineger into the pump let it sit for a spell, flush it out and it will work like a dream.  States to prevent this, after each use pour some cooking oil into the pump.   Tried it and it works every time----Wish all of you the best and may God bless you now and always--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Replies: 14 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42