Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Echo chain saw for free

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Echo chain saw for free
Original Message   Mar 15, 2005 9:55 am
My dad called said you want a Echo chain saw? I said yea,whats wrong with it he said the chain would'nt  stay on it. So he went out and bought the same one again. It's the CS440, the old one is only 6 months old.  I think all he did is bend the teeth on the bottom of the chain that ride in the bar. I told him that he said just keep it. Did'nt have to argue with that lol. From what I been told this is a pretty good saw. Just like always I wanted to come here to get some opinions on it. I'm gonna go buy a new chain tommorrow for it.

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: Echo chain saw for free
Reply #1   Mar 15, 2005 10:48 am
Mike,

I hate to ask this, but is the chain tension correct? If it is, check out the chain guide "runners" & also check the bar for wear. I like Echo saws - they hold up well & parts are very easy to get when needed.

Marty

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #2   Mar 15, 2005 11:02 am
Hey Major, The chain was off of it when he gave it to me. I thought about putting it back on but if the teeth are bent on the chain will it wear the bar? I just thought I would buy a new chain. The bar looks fine right now I looked at it.

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #3   Mar 15, 2005 11:18 am
Mike - If the teeth are bent, it could wear the bar, but more importantly, the saw will not cut evenly & could "pull" or "walk" right or left. This makes for rather dangerous cutting IMO. If they are bent, definitely replace the chain but check the bar too as it may have some wear if your dad was doing a lot of cutting. This way you can get a bar/chain combo if needed.

Marty

spottedpony

Reply #4   Mar 15, 2005 1:25 pm
also check the drive sprocket on the engine for wear
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42