Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro Lawnmower Blade Overide System

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Toro Lawnmower Blade Overide System
Original Message   Mar 8, 2005 5:58 pm
Just checked Toro's web site to check out new models. They have something they call their BOS or Blade Overide System in the top of the line mowers. Anyone know what the heck that is? They really should explain it if they are going to flaunt it, don't you think?

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Termy

Re: Toro Lawnmower Blade Overide System
Reply #1   Mar 8, 2005 6:26 pm
ITs basically like the BBC. Its a blade break. When you let go of the handle, the engine keeps running but the blade stops moving. I like these allot better over Zone Start!!!

robmints

Reply #2   Mar 8, 2005 7:42 pm
Toro BOS

Blade Override System
Stops the blade and allows you to step away from the mower momentarily without having to restart the engine when you return.

Toro BBC

Blade Brake Clutch (BBC)
Eliminate downtime and extend rope life with innovative BBC design that stops the blade from spinning while the engine continues to run and the transmission continues to operate. Only available on models 22043, 22172, and 22177

They sound a little different to me. Never heard of a BOS either. Can't imagine a marketing guy getting paid for something so close to POS.

With a BBC on the Toro you can stop the blade and keep the self propel engaged and the engine running. What's a POS, I mean BOS,  don't know.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #3   Mar 8, 2005 9:29 pm
I belive Exmark has the same system on their 21 inch walk behind don't they?  If I'm not mistaking it's a Honda motor.

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42