Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Warm Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Warm Snowblower
Original Message   Mar 8, 2005 4:18 pm
Jubol sent me this to post

This message was modified Mar 8, 2005 by Marshall
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jubol

Re: Warm Snowblower
Reply #4   Mar 8, 2005 5:28 pm
 Richie,

About  $5000.00.

If I lived in the Northern states, I would buy it!!

I'd have that in my Garage, when the snow stopped, charge out and do it!!

Fred

This message was modified Mar 8, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #5   Mar 9, 2005 9:39 am
Nice chopper,  I mean snow blower,  watch out for charley, he may mistake it for a  Huey .    Maybe he puts the helicopter blades back on in the summer for a fan. 
This message was modified Mar 9, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #6   Mar 9, 2005 11:03 am
I saw a similar version of that today being used around my area to clear the train station parking lot.  It was much smaller and had what appeared to be only one wheel in the rear, sort of like a trike in reverse.  It had a sturdy looking canopy rather than all that nice steel to keep the elements off the driver.  I'd love to know if it was heated or not, but it did appear to be an affordable option. 

Richie
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Mar 9, 2005 11:09 am
Richie I would love that if it could make it to the top of my drive lol...

I was at work late last night then home through the storm and the wife kicks me out of bed at 7 to clear a path for her to get to school and it was 5 degrees and windy and this blast of snow as I was clearing hits me in the face and the wind is blowing and my hands are going numb and then I read your post and you read my mind lol....

I would do the entire block if they let me lol...

I do help out the older couple next door with the big storms, I will clear a path to there woodpile.  They are in Arizona on vacation for three  weeks visiting family and they have a plower they use but he does not do their walks etc. so I will go over there today or this weekend before they get back and clear around there house.  If I don't they ain't gettin to their woodpile  for awhile lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #8   Mar 9, 2005 12:46 pm
ChrisS wrote:

I was at work late last night then home through the storm and the wife kicks me out of bed at 7 to clear a path for her to get to school and it was 5 degrees and windy and this blast of snow as I was clearing hits me in the face and the wind is blowing and my hands are going numb and then I read your post and you read my mind lol....

I don't think ski clothing would do all that much in weather conditions like that, especially with such a huge driveway as yours.  One thing it does tell me is just how sturdy a Honda snowblower really is.  I'd love to know how many friction discs a normal snowlbower would have gone through compared to your hydro-driven Honda.  Add to the fact you help out your neighbors with each and every storm, that is really one hell of a snowblower.  As for that fancy snowblower on Ebay, I'd be surprise if it really got stuck all that often.  Between the wide tires and the chains, plus the weight of the driver sitting directly over them, it would be interesting to see how well it works on your steep driveway.  

Richie
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #9   Mar 9, 2005 4:32 pm
For what it is worth, Deere makes BIGGER ones than that. And so does BobCat.

http://www.bobcat.com/products/twm/photos.html?directory=snowblower&photo=03&maxPhotos=3

This message was modified Mar 9, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #10   Mar 9, 2005 4:35 pm
I was gonna insert a picture in the above post, but can't seem to "git 'er done".

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #11   Mar 9, 2005 4:35 pm
I would love to try it too....

Yes my Honda is as tough as they come.  I wish you guys could use it day in and out and see it in action.  It IS just like a little tank.  I cleared old frozen snowbanks up on the street today as I have to do every season, it is frozen and hard and the machine just burros right in chops it up and spits it out without a blink.  Also when I have time the path to the pond (approx 75 yds) a path the the neighbors back door (another 50 yds approx) and then a whole new path back for fun.  I don't do this all the time as I just don't have time but when I do the snow is well over 3 ft deep.

It is quite the machine.  I would gladly pay more for it today than I did in 01 and not blink an eye.  It takes a beating each season and is truely unphased.  It runs and performs as well today as it did the day I brought it home.... 

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #12   Mar 9, 2005 4:39 pm
Joe, I like that!
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #13   Mar 9, 2005 5:37 pm
have been looking at a simplicity brochure at work and they have a sweet 27 horse diesel 4x4 with a shaft drive blower and a nice hard side cab available.

i want to win the lotto...ill get 2..

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42