Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Little off the subject

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Little off the subject
Original Message   Mar 7, 2005 8:46 pm
Well I needed a new air compressor, so I have been watching the sunday sales. Sears had a 33gal 6hp peak electric compressor. It started at 329.00 each week it went down finally,they had it this week for 269.00 with 125.00 worth of tools. So i bought the thing. It came with a 1/2 inch drive impact, 3/8 air rachet and a air hammer and a small air  hose. Think I got a pretty good deal? Anyone got a craftsman compressor?? I just would like to know if there is anything I need to watch for??  Thank you Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Termy

Re: Little off the subject
Reply #1   Mar 8, 2005 2:58 am
I call this, indoor power equipment so its in the right forum lol...

I think you did get a good deal. We are talking about a 33gallon air compressor plus three tools and a hose. I gurantee you won't find a deal like that anyware else. Usually tork wrenches go for over 100 dollars. A ratchet probably at 80 dollars and up. And hoses usually run around 20 bucks or more. And the compresoor itself probably would run for 300 or up.

PS: How old is it though?

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Mar 8, 2005 9:18 am
Sounds like a decent deal to me too. Is it a vertical or horizontal?
terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #3   Mar 8, 2005 11:43 am
Mike, I got a 30gal vertical with all the same stuff  for the same price last year, plus a 10% CC discount cause it was some "club day"  I've used the thing alot, and love it.  For the money it has the best specs.  150 psi 6+ scfm, 30 gal tank, etc.  I call mine "fat red"  Just make sure you used impact  rated sockets(harbor freight has some nice ones) and drain the tank after every use.  Also, as min sits in my garage, i took a hunk of old carpet and put it under the compressor to act as a moisture barrier.  The only thing to watch for is that the drain petcock can rust up and get hard to use-- a little squirt lube did the trick.  It's a great compressor, mine can go forever between chargings, even when running a 3/4" flooring nailer at 95psi!  I also know a couple other people with varying models that all love them to death.  In fact, mine'll be getting use this week demo-ing some tile with the air hammer :)

oh yeah, that curly q hose they give you drove me nuts so i got a 25' straight hose at a local store here.  Also, don't forget an inline filter or filter/oiler.
This message was modified Mar 8, 2005 by terrapin24h

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #4   Mar 8, 2005 8:48 pm
Term I bought it new,it's a vertical one. Terrapin your right, that hose is a pain in the neck. My dad had a spare 50ft hose he gave me.You know the only thing that gets me is it comes with all them tools but no air chuck or tire gauge! Man that is like the most important lol . Thank you for all them tips Terr  thanks Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #5   Mar 9, 2005 6:16 pm
sounds like a good deal to me...

i would however make 1 modification.

remove the drain in the bottom and makeup yourself a drain valve that is off to the side and maybe points into a larger hose that runs outside or somthing. make it real user friendly

use a real valve thats easy to use and then you will actually use it when your supposed to instead of saying next time.

cause nothing will scrap your your new tools faster than condensation.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
spottedpony

Reply #6   Mar 9, 2005 7:25 pm
those little drain valves can be a pain, but what i have always done is using what ever pipe fittings necessary to make them accessable, yet out of the way, remove the standard drain valve and replace it with a stainless ball valve. and since my compressor sits in close proximity to the heat/air conditioning unit in my shop, i just plumbed the tank drain into the condensate drain line off the air handler.

another useful thing, is ive plumbed around the shop, with 1/2 pvc rated at 200 psi, and placed hose connections at various points i may need air. saves dragging around a ton of air hose.

This message was modified Mar 9, 2005 by spottedpony
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #7   Mar 9, 2005 8:24 pm
The drain,Pvc ideas both sound like a great one. I just have a small shed right now. But thats my next big project I will defently be doing the pvc pipe work in it,when i complete it. thanks Mike

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42