Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > A little snow blower humour

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TomVT

A little snow blower humour
Original Message   Mar 6, 2005 10:22 pm
My father in law went out last week to blow some 8 inches of snow off his drive.  sucked up the dailey paper into his blades!..  jammed it up something fierce!. My wife calls me at work, says a fellow he works with said to use a torch to burn it out.  I said bad idea. My pressure washer would probaly cut it out of there but i live 3 hours away. .  So i said to keep spraying water on it to soften it up.    Might of worked. He spent 4, count them, 4 hours to pick and scrape it out of there. Oh yeah, told him to keep his hands out of there also. I guess my mother in law let him have it almost the whole time he was working on it. Did i mention i live 3 hours away?
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: A little snow blower humour
Reply #2   Mar 7, 2005 12:55 am
Not fun....

Nor is having the wife nag him. 

Good idea about wetting the paper down, that should have helped.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #3   Mar 7, 2005 1:03 am
I meant a good one buddy! but not funny...

ChrisS

Reply #4   Mar 7, 2005 1:09 am
walbroman wrote:
I meant a good one buddy! but not funny...

I was actually responding to his post not yours.  We agree, I also did not find humor in this.  I have been there with stuff jammed in my Honda many times.  Not fun.  I could not tolerate a naggin wife on top of it but mine would feel bad that it happened and would try to help in anyway.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #5   Mar 7, 2005 12:10 pm
Another way to soften it up is to get a long, 1" drill bit for boring holes in wood, then drill holes into the paper. You usually can get the drill & bit in thru the discharge chute. Eventually the offending periodical will collapse & removal will be facilitated. As for the nagging wife, a couple of beers helps tremendously (for you, not her)...

Marty

This message was modified Mar 7, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

ChrisS

Reply #6   Mar 7, 2005 12:38 pm
Majorxlr8n wrote:
As for the nagging wife, a couple of beers helps tremendously (for you, not her)...

Marty

LOL....Amen brother.......

C

bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #7   Mar 7, 2005 2:31 pm
Tom, I did the exact same thing several years ago...It took me over two hours to free the offending paper.  I tried the torch thing and found that the paper would barely burn....Off to plan B.  What worked the best was to put a long blade in the sawsall and cut between the impeller to housing, then more burning.  I wound up getting through the paper enough that when the impeller was engaged, I had a burned paper confetti parade

bbwb

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #8   Mar 7, 2005 5:26 pm
well now if you had been using one of those ultra high horsepower snappers or simplicities then you could have turned that paper into confetti...

this colum has been hijacked by snowshoveler...

later chris

I guess I should sign out when I'm washing the dishes!

Sherri

This message was modified Mar 7, 2005 by MissSnowshoveler

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #9   Mar 7, 2005 7:19 pm
Sherri

Somehow I think you'll know just what to do to 'punish' Snowshoveler for hijacking your thread...

Paula

MissSnowshoveler

Reply #10   Mar 7, 2005 7:28 pm
Paula wrote:
Sherri

Somehow I think you'll know just what to do to 'punish' Snowshoveler for hijacking your thread...

Paula

Chains and starter cords should work nicely.

Sherri

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #11   Mar 7, 2005 7:54 pm
ROFLMAO...... 

Just remember......always 'prime the engine' and don't forget to give the 'cord'  a couple of good pulls to get the engine revved....

Paula

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42