Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ff

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
max427

ff
Original Message   Mar 2, 2005 1:57 pm
This message was modified Apr 21, 2005 by max427
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
jgreen

Re: Not enough snow for 2 stage, single stage good idea (ploy to add a new snowblower to the stable)?
Reply #1   Mar 2, 2005 3:57 pm
Hi Max427,

That what I do!    When I got my 2 stage  I held on to my 4.5 hp 2 stroke single stage .    It works  great on  4-8 inches   .  It  clears to the bare pavement   . I can actually work quicker. ( I have to go aroung cars in the driveway)  . the only trouble is the EOD   ,that takes a bit to get through.   

I  would say  if you have the room and buget for one it sure beats shoveling  those small  storms.

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Not enough snow for 2 stage, single stage good idea (ploy to add a new snowblower to the stable)?
Reply #2   Mar 2, 2005 8:06 pm
Hello Max and Welcome!

It is a perfect plan if you have a paved drive and can afford the second machine....

The Simp single has a great rep too.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
krislu

Reply #3   Mar 3, 2005 6:59 am
Max427- It's a good idea but how about another alternative. Being that you have the wife on board go for the jugular and get a tractor with a plow. Then you have something to play with the rest of the year. - Kris

skyking3

Reply #4   Mar 3, 2005 7:41 am
ya' just can't have too many toys.........................

ask my wife.........................

i have 30 something pieces of OPE , and she thinks i'm nuts..........................

i just tell her that it keeps me out of her hair......................

usually for 3/4" - 3"s i just use my plow................

bill

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #5   Mar 3, 2005 8:07 am
Bill,

Where do you store that many pieces of equipment?  I'd love to see a photo of all that lined up on your lawn

Richie
skyking3

Reply #6   Mar 3, 2005 8:23 am
2 car garage holds most of the tractors..........

then racks above the tractors to hold the walk-behinds..............

shelves hold the smaller stuff..................

got one 12 by 24 shed out back..........full..............

come spring there'll be 2..................

might have to start collecting snowmobiles..................

friend wants to scrap a '78 John Deere..........has 340 cc twin cyl kohler engine ..........in a milk crate tho.................

never know what i get on a daily basis....

people drop off unwanted stuff.........

then i decide what to do with it .................

scrap man loves me....................

bill

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42