Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Keep your hydrant clear- save a life.....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Keep your hydrant clear- save a life.....
Original Message   Mar 1, 2005 1:34 pm
Hey Guys,
I posted this in the beginning of the season before we switched to Abby's, so I thought it was worth repeating again.

If there is a hydrant near your house.....for your own and other's safety, please shovel or snowblow around it.  If your house is on fire, the pumper only has between 500 and 750 gallons of water in it, which is only about 2 minutes worth.

My question is this.  If YOUR house is on fire, and YOUR family member is trapped, when the fire engine pulls up to your house, do you want them to spend the first two minutes putting out the fire and searching for your love ones, or do you want them to shovel out the hydrant they need.

I see many times when a driveway is cleaned out and the hydrant 6 feet away from the driveway is buried in snow. Like the people think it is MY job to find it and clear it.  We try to do it, but we cannot do the over 500 hydrants in even our small city every time it snows.

Also, please keep your walks and steps clear, and check out your elderly neighbors walks and steps.  Precious time is sometimes lost because we cannot get a ambulance guerney into the house.

One last thing.......we need to see your house number if you want us to find your house.

Help  your fire dept. help you.

thanks,

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42