Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pictures of Snow Cab

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Pictures of Snow Cab
Original Message   Feb 28, 2005 5:20 pm
Hey Guys,
It's just starting to snow here.......I'll try to post some pictures of the snow cab....hopefully i'll get to use it tonight or tomorrow.
Frank D.

This message was modified Mar 1, 2005 by a moderator

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 4 - 13 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
faithfulFrank

Re: Pictures of Snow Cab
Reply #4   Feb 28, 2005 5:34 pm
Thanks Chris,
Anyone here is welcome to borrow my snowblower from May to Sept.............

Tom,
The Ipod will definately be underneath the carrharts during all blowing, just like it is plugged into my racetunes during mowing.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread.....I like the new shuffles and Man, the new 30 gig PHOTO ipod for just 50 buck more then I just paid for my 20 gig "plain"??
I'm telling myself to be content with what I have.....but with the Apple store only 25 miles down the road, it is hard not to lust after a new, new one.  I kinda wish I didn't get my name lasered into the one I have....I'd be tempted to "ebay" it and upgrade........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
faithfulFrank

Reply #5   Feb 28, 2005 5:40 pm
Mark,
Yes. It is the "key start", the DLE, but without the electric chute. On this years models the only one with the electric chute is the 1336DLE, mine is the 1332DLE.
I really did not want the electric chute............I find the 2.5 turn crank easier, faster, and less prone to breaking.
The key start is nice, but the feature I really bought this one for is the traction control differential.......turns effortlessly on a dime.........this thing weighs over 330 lbs BEFORE the snowcab and 20 pound front counterweight..........it's gotta weigh about 365lb or so now..........I would not want it without the traction control differential.

robmints

Reply #6   Feb 28, 2005 6:17 pm
Frank,
Where is the plastic do-hickey that broke off? Did you take it off to put the weights on?

Now those racetunes things will plug into my walkman? I'm an AM guy. That runs windows. Help me see the light.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Feb 28, 2005 7:46 pm
Frank, nice cab man. Looks like it has that "tent" feeling? Bet you could stand in there in the summer and force a pretty good tan. LOL

I just won a 20gig IPod, gave it to me son, he is loving it. I'm like Rob, I am an AM listener mostly, especially while driving. When I want to rock or chill to some blues or soft 60/70's I open up the big Klipsch at home.
jogo

Reply #8   Feb 28, 2005 8:10 pm
SUWEEEET!. Ya needs ta git some winshield wipers. Way to go Franky.

I was wondering does it have any tendencie to fog up at all?

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Feb 28, 2005 9:52 pm
Very nice looking blower Frank.  It has the enclosed car feeling when I'm looking at the pictures, which I like.  I'm anxious to know wether it's comfortable to use and if it cuts down on the noise so you don't have to ruin the hearing when blowing.  What are those slots like, do you have to cut them to use them?  I also wonder if the headlight opening is removable because it can cut down on the beam, but I wouldn't want a bunch of snow coming in there either.  It just doesn't look right cutting it out.  I do believe that Ariens made a cab for the older style blowers just a few years ago that allowed for the headlight to be completely exposed, but with the design it can't happen with the model I have.  

Snowshovler, I am curious to know if you might know why Ariens lost the "big bolt" design.  I remember last years models having a big bolt that went into the shaft of the auger and held it in place.  It also had the brass washer around the whole thing.   I'm wondering if it is cheaper this way or better? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #10   Feb 28, 2005 9:58 pm
By the way Frank, what did ever happen with the spellchecker in Mozilla Firefox?

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

18Degrees

Reply #11   Feb 28, 2005 10:57 pm
nice

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
faithfulFrank

Reply #12   Feb 28, 2005 11:07 pm
Ajace,
As you can tell from my misspelled posts, that spellchecker I downloaded did not seem to work.  The slots come "pre-slit" on the cab. Yes, there are a few types of cabs, made for the different types of Ariens.......there is a cab made for the type of light that "stuck out" on the older Ariens.  This light window seemed to work well and is big enough to let the light still shine.  I guess I never noticed a problem with noise, but I do not think the cab changes noise levels that much.  I did notice that right after starting, with the cab you cannot just reach down to adjust the choke, you have to step out of the cab and step around. No big deal though.

I did try out the snowcab tonight.  It worked well. The clear parts did not fog up or get snowy at all.  It will take a few more uses for me to do a full assessment., but so far so good.
The light window did not seem to block the light at all, I was still able to see what I was blowing down by the end of the driveway where it is dark.  It may cut down the lumens a small bit, but it was not noticeable.

What WAS noticeable was the fact that I stayed warm and dry, with a much lighter jacket and just a baseball  cap on.....no bundling up.

I think it could stand to be a bit wider in the cab area, I'm not a really huge guy, and at times my elbow would hit the inside side of the cab.  I will measure the inside width tomorrow.
I think anyone who wore a XXL size coat would find it a bit small, although I think you could adjust...(read bend) the frame a bit if you had to.  The frame seems quite strong and rigid, not like cheap tubing at all.

It will take a bit to get used to......it's different being enclosed...but so far I think it was a good move.   I'll keep  you all posted.

Robmints- Ariens sent me two replacement brackets free of charge ...got them last Friday as you predicted......it goes on right below the front weight....I just have not gotten the change to put it back on yet.  As to the racetunes, yea, a walkman will work fine with them.....any 1/8 inch plug will work.....racetunes are both AM and FM.

Marshall- WOW!, you won an ipod!   Awesome!, Boy, does your son owe you bigtime!!  Tell him to go to www.ipodlounge to learn all he wants/needs to know. How did you win it??

Frank D.

SnowPro

Reply #13   Feb 28, 2005 11:30 pm
Very sweet looking Frank! 

If I didn't think it would fly away while in the back of the truck, I'd get one too.!

Gotta love that machine though.  I know I sure do! I admit I was tempted by the 36" machine though. In reality, it was a bit of a bear to load into the truck, as I put 2 machines in there and turning it sideways was difficult. So............I settled for the small 32"er!

Ken

Replies: 4 - 13 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42