Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pictures of Snow Cab

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Pictures of Snow Cab
Original Message   Feb 28, 2005 5:20 pm
Hey Guys,
It's just starting to snow here.......I'll try to post some pictures of the snow cab....hopefully i'll get to use it tonight or tomorrow.
Frank D.

This message was modified Mar 1, 2005 by a moderator

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Pictures of Snow Cab
Reply #14   Feb 28, 2005 11:35 pm
Company I work for had a sales production contest. Frank, you're right, he's in hog heaven. I remember my first Sony Discman, won that too, was with Sony Corp. at the time. I think it was the first one in this state, LOL.

I'd rather have cash. LOL
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #15   Mar 1, 2005 1:51 am
Impressive Frank!

Like the weight in the front also!

Hmmmm.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
faithfulFrank

Reply #16   Mar 1, 2005 1:23 pm
Hey guys,
I just got in from clearing another few inches of wet snow.
I measured the width of the snow cab......it was about 27 inches or so, but I spread it to about 29 inches and it seemed to make a big difference in comfort in the elbow area. you would not think 2 more inches of elbow room would make a difference, but it does.  If a person needed to they could spread the cab even wider.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #17   Mar 1, 2005 1:24 pm
Maybe the headlight and the windows are made of different materials.  I believe that I'll be getting one next year.  I never thought about the engine controls being blocked, maybe I could just bend down.  By the way, how long did it take to install? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Reply #18   Mar 1, 2005 7:24 pm
Frank, is that black piece at the top of the chute the weights or is that the removal tool that you were talking about? Do you see much difference with the added weights? How much does that run?

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
faithfulFrank

Reply #19   Mar 1, 2005 10:57 pm
Hi guys,

Ajace- the headlight window and the regular windows are the same vinyl material. The light shines through it just fine.   I do not consider the "not being able to get to the throttle and choke and plunger thing" a real problem.  You only mess with them when you start it, and it is only one step around the cab to the side.  I usually turn the choke open, (when it is cold) , throttle it up and push the primer bulb 3 times, then turn the key to start it.  After a second or so of running, I turn the choke back, get behind the cab, and go.  It is not a problem.

The black thing on the front top of the unit is the 20 pound weight.  It does seem to help, the wheels do not spin as much any more.  Right behind it is the bracket for the shovel/stick they give you to clear out any clogs the chute may have.   That bracket broke a clip on it, so Ariens sent me another one that I have to put on.....once I do, the shovel/stick will be held on it by the bracket.  Basically, the weight just installs in front of both the bracket and the shovel/stick.

Cost on the snow cab, frame, and weight...all one kit....was $160 plus tax.  It took me about an hour to put it together and install it......now that I've done it, I could do it again in one half the time.  The instructions were not the best...thankfully the picture helped more then anything else.   If I were to put another one on, it would be much easier to first install the two brackets that attach to the handles, then install the lower "u shaped" frame, then put on the back frame "bigger u shaped thing" and then the two front straight pieces, then the top roof frame.    MUCH EASIER then putting the whole frame together on the floor and then installing it.

After that, just snap on the orange cab....(nine easy snaps), then install the front weight.   DONE.

I hope this helps.

Frank D.

nibbler

Reply #20   Mar 2, 2005 9:18 am
It will be nice to hear how the cab performs in "fluffy white with lots of wind" conditions. I always seem to turn white whenever I forget which way the wind is blowing and make a turn without changing the chute direction soon enough.
faithfulFrank

Reply #21   Mar 2, 2005 10:46 am
Nibbler,
This morning I woke up to strong winds and fluffy snow......I had 18" drifts in the driveway in spots.  Some of my driveway was still clear from last night, but for the most part, the whole thing needed a clearing out.
The snow cab worked great.

One snow cab.....$160.
Not getting a faceful of stinging snow.......priceless.

Frank D.

walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #22   Mar 6, 2005 11:44 pm
You're the lucky's man in the world awesome cab

Walby

faithfulFrank

Reply #23   Mar 7, 2005 8:57 pm
Thank you Walby........

You being from Plattsburg, you must get TONS of snow.
Last summer I was up at the thousand islands....looked all over for Ariens dealers, but was suprised I did not find any....
Today it was 56 degrees here....tomorrow it is supposed to be snowy again and in the teens.....

Frank D.

Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42