Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Just installed new Snow Cab on Ariens 1332DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Just installed new Snow Cab on Ariens 1332DLE
Original Message   Feb 27, 2005 4:20 pm
Hey Guys,
Just installed the new snow cab on the new Ariens 1332DLE.
Looks good, and I'm hearing we may get a big storm starting tomorrow night and Tuesday.
I'll try to get some pics posted.

It looks like a nice snow cab, but the instructions were somewhat challenging......it would have been much easier if I just installed the side brackets on the blower first and just built it up from there, instead of how they tell you to do it.
I still have to move the hourmeter I installed awhile ago now that the cab is on.......

Well, off to work.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
patsfan

Re: Just installed new Snow Cab on Ariens 1332DLE
Reply #3   Feb 27, 2005 6:13 pm
patsfan wrote:
Frank, I have one on my Toro11280E and I love it. No snow blowing back in your face;no going in the house looking like a snowman.  It fits inside my shed with a few inches to spare. Best thing since sliced bread!

I guess I should mention that the shed is a good sized one. 12 X 18.    I'm sure it'll fit through a garage door too.

formerly OT
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #4   Feb 27, 2005 7:52 pm
patsfan wrote:
Frank, I have one on my Toro11280E and I love it. No snow blowing back in your face;no going in the house looking like a snowman.  It fits inside my shed with a few inches to spare. Best thing since sliced bread!

Cab, I don't need no stinkin cab. But it sure would have been nice at the moment.  LOL.   Frank, your machine must look
pretty awesome with a cab attached. When you pull that baby out of the garage, the neighbors will probably go running
for safety. Can't wait to see some pics.                                                    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
robmints

Reply #5   Feb 27, 2005 7:56 pm
Kevin.
Did you ever hear about not spittng into the wind?
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   Feb 27, 2005 8:07 pm
Frank, got a pic for everyone to see?
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #7   Feb 27, 2005 11:12 pm
Frank, hopefully you will get some detailed pictures on how it is fastened for me.  I looked at some in Lowes and they are attached to the pole that connects the dash to the frame.  I wax my snowthrower so I am very cautious of what touches the paint because the fasteners that fasten the cabs at Lowes are mounted with a pipe clamp.  Very cheap in my opinion.   I am also anxious to see how the headlight comes through.  Heck I am really anxious to get a detailed view.    Please take some good pictures.  I am thinking of buying one for next year. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Majorxlr8n

Reply #8   Feb 27, 2005 11:42 pm
Yeah Frank - lets see some pics of the finished product!

Kevin - MAN you got hammered with some serious snow "backwash" - GREAT PIC!!

Marty

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #9   Feb 28, 2005 12:13 am
Hi Marty. I actually lost my breath for a couple seconds on that gust. That was from the storm a few weeks back that was fine powder and cold as heck. We just got a new digital camera for Xmas and my wife was snapping away like crazy. She got some real good pics that day.                                      

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
kipsy

Reply #10   Feb 28, 2005 6:18 am
i bought mine from here

http://www.originalcab.com/products_snowthrower.htm

they make them for ariens.

2004 jd lt180 m42 deck 2000 ariens 824 1987 honda 5s21 1995 honda push mower 2005 honda 25cc trimmer
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #11   Feb 28, 2005 9:59 am
Hey Guys,
I promise to post some detailed pictures in the next day or two.
The Cab fastens very securely using 4 bolts that go through boltholes that were already being used before, so there is no rubbing, no clamps or anything.

All Ariens cabs are made only from "The Original Tractor Cab Co."  Anyone interested may want to check with different dealers first. I almost ordered mine through them directly, I think they wanted $179 for it........but then I checked all around the different local, (within 50 mile) dealers and got prices from $199 down to $160+tax. 
I ended up buying it from the same dealer I bought my snowblower from, 5 miles away for $160+tax.

I was really going back and forth wondering if I wanted it.........but here out in the country, there is always a strong wind it seems out of the southwest, so 95% of the time I was only able to blow one way.......I always got covered with snow, and if I did not have the ski goggles on and the nomex hood I got a faceful.............Call me a wuss, but I think it will enhance the joy of snowblowing not getting that mind-numbing jolt of ice in the face.

If I was in the city, I do not think I'd need one, but out here I think it is justified.........when you figure the cost of the unit, this accessory is only a few percent more.

Installed on mine, it is 78.5 inches tall....so it should easily go under a 7' garage door. Most garage doors are 7'...although some rare ones are 6.5', which would be a problem.

This measurement is from a 13hp model....some smaller hp blowers MAY be a tad smaller, so the finish height may be a tad smaller. My door is a 16' x 8', so there is no problem.

Remember, if you transport one in a pick-up, I would NOT want that cab to sustain driving speeds.  If driving you would want to unsnap it from the frame.....

I will post a review on it once actually used.......

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #12   Feb 28, 2005 3:10 pm
It's great to hear that installation and removal isn't a bear.  It unsnaps from the frame    I think I will buy one next year as it should fit in the garage.  That is one heck of a cab. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42