Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Wanna hear a good one??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Wanna hear a good one??
Original Message   Feb 22, 2005 6:17 pm
I needed some help with my yards yesterday. Well i gave my soon to be brother-in-law a call. Well we get to to the first yard and i told him to use my back up trimmer. I told him it probably needs gas. Well I'm off mowing he brings the trimmer over and says listen to this thing run, well it was knocking. I asked him what gas did you use? He said the same gas you just put in your mower. Should I kill him?? lol I'm just thank full it was my backup just a Cub Cadet. Man that baby is singing now. I guess it was my fault in a way I figured a 21yr old man knows the diffrence in his motors. I bet it won't happen again. take care Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Re: Wanna hear a good one??
Reply #2   Feb 22, 2005 9:24 pm
I can guarantee you a lot of guys that age don't have a clue about 2 cycle vs 4. A whole different generation. I can't really understand it, I didn't even have a father that had a clue about anything mechanical so I sure as hell didn't learn from him.  I do know in grammar and high school when I was a kid we had shop class, wood, metal, auto; I guess I picked it up there.  My two boys wouldn't have a clue about different fuel for different engines.

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #3   Feb 22, 2005 11:29 pm
I can't pass up on adding to this one...I know a fellow who is 28yrs old and he does not get it as well.  He tried to convince me that he KNOWS someone that runs his 2 cycle engines ALL THE TIME on straight gas.  Never-Ever had a problem!  What a bunch of BS.  This same fellow keep telling other tall stories of Super High horse powered stock mind you snowblowers, and high MPG cars...Don't even know how to respond to this stupidity

bbwb

lland

Reply #4   Feb 23, 2005 6:53 am
My friend had a Mantis tiller that ran without a problem for more than ten years...until he lent it to his brother-in-law who filled it with straight gas.  Time for a new one.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #5   Feb 23, 2005 7:12 am
Well, we all have a lot to learn about some things......we are all born naked and dumb, and go from there.
That soon to be brother in law may have a degree in quantum phyics, so who am I to judge....?
The good thing is that all involved learned something that day.

Reminds me years ago when I was a teenager working at a lumber yard driving a fork lift.
The foreman told me to drive the forklift across the highway to the gas station to fill it up with gas.
I did, but then could not for the life of me find the gas cap.
I ended up pumping a gallon of gas into the radiator.

They all laughed........never did drain it or anything, said it would be alright. 
To this day I always wondered if that was dangerous driving it back........if it was, "Thank you God"

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #6   Feb 23, 2005 1:14 pm
bbwb wrote:
I can't pass up on adding to this one...I know a fellow who is 28yrs old and he does not get it as well.  He tried to convince me that he KNOWS someone that runs his 2 cycle engines ALL THE TIME on straight gas.  Never-Ever had a problem!  What a bunch of BS.  This same fellow keep telling other tall stories of Super High horse powered stock mind you snowblowers, and high MPG cars...Don't even know how to respond to this stupidity

bbwb

Thats easy. You don't respond.  LOL

Simplicity Conquest
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Feb 23, 2005 3:56 pm
In my line of work over the years I quickly came to a conclusion that saved me and others a lot of frustration and aggravation.  Never assume anything.  Even "smart" people aren't always that bright.....lol....

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #8   Feb 23, 2005 6:20 pm
some of our best customers are the people who lend out their OPE to friends and relatives.

it always comes back broke.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
mrmom

Reply #9   Feb 24, 2005 8:22 am
There IS a difference between a two stroke and four cycle?

nibbler

Reply #10   Feb 24, 2005 10:15 am
If I have to let someone else do the refueling I always make sure I tell them what fuel can to use. I even have some that are labelled with the manufacturer of the engine, I.E. "Stihl Gas 50:1". For the most part I do the refueling, I've heard too many horror stories.
Termy

Reply #11   Feb 24, 2005 4:24 pm
More than that my friend!

I used to work for my landlord and mowed and trimmed all the lawns in our mobile park. We have two walk behind 4-cycles and we have two riders. But, one of them is a diesal running GT. I never made a mistake in which gas to put in any of the equipment. Then towards the end there, I was let go and someone took over. Shortly there aftor, Jimmy put diesal fuel in the Honda Walk Behind! It took them for ever to get it started and when they did, they had to run it on choke to get the diesal out of there!

Some people were not meant to work with OPE. Those are the people who are highly destructive!

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42