Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why can't I get deals like this?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Glove

Why can't I get deals like this?
Original Message   Feb 22, 2005 1:57 pm
I own a 10HP MTD that's been real good to me over the last  6 years. I couldn;t afford the Ariens, etc. A few weekends ago my son in law walks into the local Home Depot and starts looking at the MTD's. He  sees a salesperson tagging the Ariens blowers,walks over and notices that they tagged the 1128 at 999.00..arghhhh you should see this baby throw snow..that's a machine!!
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Re: Why can't I get deals like this?
Reply #3   Feb 23, 2005 12:36 pm
First, WELCOME to the forum! And keep coming back for inside info on upcoming sales, and info on what to look for in outdoor power equipment. Deals are out there, and we strive to find them , and let others know about them here.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Glove

Reply #4   Feb 24, 2005 10:39 am
Actually I was pretty active in the old forum posting many messages concerning my Snapper WBH Big 6 that was a big bust. What a lemon...since I was a sucker for pain and being brainwashed by Marshall I purchased another Snapper (Hi Vac) and have had no problems since....for some reason I like those machines....

The saving grace was the local shop where I purchased....

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   Feb 24, 2005 10:47 am
George, did you buy that Ariens?

Glad you like your Snapper Hi-Vac! I have a hard time not liking almost all of Snappers products, they sure make some good stuff!

Verify for me your name on the old forum, we'll get your post count back for you.
This message was modified Feb 24, 2005 by Marshall
Majorxlr8n

Reply #6   Feb 25, 2005 1:48 am
HD had two refurbished Ariens 11528's available earlier Thursday for $970. Bet they're gone or will be this am with our latest "dusting" here in NJ...

Marty

Marshall

Reply #7   Feb 26, 2005 9:40 am
Glove, I'm still willing to pull your post count from the old forum and add it to your post count here at Abby's, Just need your old user name.
Glove

Reply #8   Mar 2, 2005 12:39 pm
Hi Marshall, not sure what my handle was...maybe "George/Hovglove" I could send you the P/W to verify....no big deal anyways. thanks
bontaiJoe

Reply #9   Mar 4, 2005 12:49 pm
Glove,

Sears has some serious discounts and cloeouts on tractors until March 11. Closeouts are anything priced at  $XXX.88, regular sale items end in .99

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #10   Mar 4, 2005 1:18 pm
bontaiJoe wrote:
Glove,

Sears has some serious discounts and cloeouts on tractors until March 11. Closeouts are anything priced at  $XXX.88, regular sale items end in .99

Joe, thanks for that peice of info, very insightful! I didn't know that. 
bontaiJoe

Reply #11   Mar 4, 2005 2:11 pm
Really Marshall?

I'm pretty sure I learned that here somewhere. Of course it might have been posted during one of your missions to enhance the security of the country. By the way, your recent posting of your picture might possibly blow your cover for future co-vert ops.

Marshall

Reply #12   Mar 4, 2005 2:19 pm
ROFLMAO, I FEEL PRETTY SECURE NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE ME, THAT WAS WHEN I WAS A BABY.
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42