Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Okay, Stupid Question Time

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Okay, Stupid Question Time
Original Message   Feb 19, 2005 11:35 am
I am contemplating installing my new adjustable carburator on my 10hp tecumseh engine....the red choke knob, how is it attached to the rod...threads? just pressed on?

Please let me know the secret of the tec engine.

bbwb

Replies: 21 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Mang

Re: Okay, Stupid Question Time
Reply #21   Feb 22, 2005 11:22 am
sorry to highjack your thread.   I agree all this talk about things that can be done, I also want my machine to run as close to perfect as possible.
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #22   Feb 22, 2005 2:47 pm
Mang and Richie:

No appologies needed...I don't mind having additional thoughts added to the conversation.....at least I know people are reading the post

bbwb

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #23   Feb 26, 2005 9:38 pm
Mang wrote:

I would love to replace my carb, at 4400ft I'm losing some hp

Hi Mang,

Once you pass 3,000ft elevation, you may also want to consider tossing out the standard heat range spark plug and going with a hotter one.  One range hotter, perhaps two.  Once you do that, check the plug regularly to confirm it's burning the correct color.  As for the spark plug gap, going with .028 rather than .030 the owners manual recommends is preferred, and it what I gap my plug at.  It is possible to regain a small portion of the HP loss you are experiencing due to your altitude, but that would require advancing the timing several degrees on the engine.  I'd see your dealer about making that modification to your flywheel. 

Richie
Replies: 21 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42