Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > my single stage saved me... but had some issues as well

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jgreen

my single stage saved me... but had some issues as well
Original Message   Feb 21, 2005 11:32 pm
After my  snowblower lost its drive(see my other thread)  I pulled out my trusty MTD 4.5 2 stroke single stage to clear my drive way.

I was having some issues with the spark plug wire grounding out. Thanks to Buttlint    I have sort of solved that.   He recommended I wrap the wire in electrical tape and cover the plug opening on the shroud with duct tape.

Well I did  wrap the wire,but didnt  have a chance to cover the plug hole tonight,

here is what happened ,it started no problem and worked well for quite a while ,then it started to loose power to the point of stalling.this is when the unit is just running and not blowing snow.

it was also back firing quite a bit. 

I am thinking I need to do a better job wrapping that  plug wire and  cover the hole to keep water off the boot.

what do you all think???  

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
robmints

Re: my single stage saved me... but had some issues as well
Reply #1   Feb 22, 2005 5:32 pm
Nothing like a spare.

Only problem is, you need to work on both and keep both running in order to be able call one "the spare".
Mang

Reply #2   Feb 22, 2005 6:00 pm
who has room to store a spare?  A lucky man I guess,  one day it would be sweet to have an outbuilding for all the ope.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Feb 23, 2005 6:48 am
I never met a man who said "My garage is too big".
Good luck John on both your projects.........looks like you also have "another spare"..........alright!
Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42