Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow I never seen It before..

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LazyPort

Land Roover Land

Snow I never seen It before..
Original Message   Feb 20, 2005 8:55 pm
 There's not much to talk mowers but I will try to understand snow people what they feel, what they hope, hummmm Kangooro is bringing my ice tea sorry mates that's life here.

Never let a child running these machine without watching them carefully

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Re: Snow I never seen It before..
Reply #1   Feb 20, 2005 11:55 pm
LAZY think about a nice hot wood stove with a hot chocolate drink and a blower waiting outside

that's life here all winterlong (Neil Young Song)

Walb

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #2   Feb 21, 2005 8:21 am
LazyPort wrote:
 There's not much to talk mowers but I will try to understand snow people what they feel, what they hope, hummmm Kangooro is bringing my ice tea sorry mates that's life here.

Hi Mate!(My first attempt at an Austrailian greeting!)

It's 7:30 am and snowing here on Long Island! Not a great ammount but enough to use the machine. I saw your post and it got me  thinking.

It's a love hate thing with Snow. When you're a child you love it because if there is enough of it schools will be closed and its' awesome to play in. As you get older it becomes a pain in the a$$ because it makes life tremendously inconvenient. It kind of dictates to you what you can do for about a day or so. Americans as Austrailians are independent sorts and don't like being controlled by anything.

If you're lucky you discover snowblowers. You are back in control! The more snow the better.The machines actually work better in deeper snow.

The control thing is very subtle. The municipal plows further complicate your life(government control) by pilling the street snow high and packed in your driveway. This can be like someone putting you in "prison"! Not if you own a blower.They also plow your cars over so that you can't use them.Kind of like "confiscation" of property.Not if you own a blower!

In short the use of a snow blower is a liberating experience that never fails to improve your quality of life and put a smile on your face! It instantly converts one of the worst chores in existance(shoveling) to pure enjoyment.In addition if you like mechanical equiptment it is one of the last venues where an individual can tinker with simple hand tools.

I just looked out the window and its' stopped snowing.

Got to go liberate my driveway,

Marc 

This message was modified Feb 21, 2005 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Feb 21, 2005 8:25 am
Dear Lazyport,
Welcome! Great to have someone from "down under"........
Honestly, come Spring (in about 6 weeks or so..........most likely less)  you will see all the mower talk you can handle here. Stick with us and you'll see......

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42