Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I Need Help With A Mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

I Need Help With A Mower
Original Message   Feb 20, 2005 7:37 am
Hey guys sorry i haven't been on here in a long time, been real busy. My lawn business on the side is growing so i needed a backup mower, and something to get into back yards with. Well i went and seen the guy i bought my first Exmark from, I was looking for a 36in walkbehind. He said I have one, the mower is a Bridges it's got  a Kaw. on it and the same gear box as my Exmark. It looks like a good mower and he only wanted 500.00 for it so i bought it. The thing cuts like a champ and runs great, but i can' t find any info on this mower. I searched the internet for like 3 hrs lastnight and nothing. Can anyone help me please?   thanks for any help, Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Re: I Need Help With A Mower
Reply #4   Feb 20, 2005 9:45 am
It's a fixed deck its got a kawasaki on it with the same gear box as the Exmarks run i think its made by techumshe. If you looked at it from at distance you would say its a Exmark. The only thing i see diffrent on it from my other mower( Exmark) is the drive pulleys. The linkages are a little diffrent. I'm not at home right now but tonight i'll try to get a picture and post it. I might nedd a little help doing it though. thanks mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #5   Feb 20, 2005 9:50 am
Welcome back Mike!
Sorry I can't help ya........I won't be sitting on my exmark for months.....the only OPE I touch now is orange.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #6   Feb 20, 2005 1:31 pm
I found one tag on it that says Black & Henry???

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Feb 20, 2005 1:57 pm
Maybe you have a one of a kind? LOL

Black and Henry almost sounds like a dealer/store.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #8   Feb 20, 2005 4:49 pm
Ok, I got the name plate all cleaned up and i was wrong! The manufacture is Black Rock and they are out of Louisville Kentucky. Is that any help?   Also can someone tell me what the h.p of a  FC420V  Kawasaki motor is??

Marshall

Reply #9   Feb 20, 2005 8:10 pm
The Kawa is a 14HP OHV Single lung.
robmints

Reply #10   Feb 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Al lot of mowers like that. Exmark is red, I think some older Yazoo are red, newer Yazoo and YK are mostly yellow I think, Quick is green, Toro is red. I think there is a member or two from Arkansas, maybe they can help when they check in.
Marshall

Reply #11   Feb 20, 2005 8:48 pm
Well, there was indeed a Black Rock Manufacturing that produced those mowers, I just can't find anything other than proof they were real, yet. I'll keep looking.

Black Rock ManufacturingCommercial Walk Behind and Zero Turn Riders

Yetman's Lawn & Garden Power Equipment Directory
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #12   Feb 20, 2005 8:53 pm
I sure do thank everyone for the help. I went to lawnsite and a guy on there told me that that mower had a hand full of diffrent manufacures in on it??? I dunno i just help when it comes time to find parts i can. I'm have second thoughts about buying it now. oh well thanks Mike

Marshall

Reply #13   Feb 20, 2005 9:06 pm
Fire off an e-mail or better yet call these folks and ask them what they know. They're in Louisville and have been for 20 years, they should be familiar with Black Rock. Might get you some info?

BLUEGRASS LAWN AND GARDEN
12711 Dixie Highway
Louisville, KY 40272
P: 502-933-1724
F: 502-935-8559
E: Send a message
W: http://www.Bluegrasslawnandgarden.com
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42