Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How many times this winter did you get the beast out?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
toroman

How many times this winter did you get the beast out?
Original Message   Feb 18, 2005 10:28 pm
We are smack in the middle of February  and here in Montreal Quebec Canada , i've only taken the toro out twice. Talk about no snow. Seems when I was a young lad growing up in the 70's and early 80' s we had so much more snow.

Have you guys used your machines much this year? I've used more wd40 and oil than gas

Cheers

Jim 

Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
itzbinnice

Re: How many times this winter did you get the beast out?
Reply #26   Feb 20, 2005 1:05 pm
Used mine 1 1/2 times, 2nd time it broke down and needed major repair, ready to go now.

Marshall wrote:

How many times this winter did you get the beast out?

Hey, what I do with "my buddy" is none of your business!

Paula - Don't read below response

Marshall- You're too funny. I dunno, word has it a mosquito would have a hard time finding a place to land on the beast

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #27   Feb 20, 2005 2:02 pm
itzbinnice wrote:

Paula - Don't read below response

Marshall- You're too funny. I dunno, word has it a mosquito would have a hard time finding a place to land on the beast

itzybitzy, I am glad to hear my beast is the topic of your discussions.

itzbinnice

Reply #28   Feb 20, 2005 2:55 pm
Marshall- Sorry, no offense intended.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #29   Feb 20, 2005 8:12 pm
Oh geeze, none taken! Likewise, just spoofing around! 
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #30   Feb 20, 2005 8:22 pm
bbwb wrote:
  My display is reading 9 hrs..  The weatherman is calling for a 1" event tonight but nothing more.  I want to continue to try out my chain tensioner modification and now my new adjustable carburator.
I came in here to read all the posts and saw this one...  Robert, I had no idea I have the makings for a fan club that has been following my example.  I'm flattered  BTW....my Sundec tach/hour meter shows 5 hours.  I'd say 50% of that was due to experimenting.  I hope all your ad-ons are working as well as mine.

Richie
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #31   Feb 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Get the beast out? I got to find it first!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, I've only had mine out twice. I've been thinking about a new blower, but a winter like this makes it hard to justify the cost for what I'd like to buy. Besides the old JD is running nice right now, mostly with help from the forum, so I should just be grateful for what I have. It does the job, and well.

Thanks,    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #32   Feb 21, 2005 12:48 pm
I lost count at 10.  I'd have to say at least 12 times so far this year.  I wont go out until it's at least in the 3" mark.  I think official totals are around 70" or so since december.

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #33   Feb 21, 2005 2:27 pm
OK, it's 3 times now. We got about 5 to 6 inches of mildly wet snow. I went out at 6:15 am to get my wife's car cleaned and cut at least a path for her to go to work. I owe her. I work nights and she's gone out on countless nights and warmed my car up and cleaned off dustings from the car. What a gal. I then went about the task of finishing off my driveway and my paths around the yard. Although the next door neighbor has a blower, he wasn't out. I went over and checked with him and he felt there wasn't enough snow to blow, since they have 4 wheel drives. They forget that when this stuff melts then freezes the driveway turns to a sheet of ice. This guy lets me use his wood splitter so I told him I'd do it anyway. After I finished his, I went to the next house down and did an older couples driveway. They have a nice Simplicity blower, but the husband just got double knee replacement, so I didn't think he'd be up to the task.  LOL. Finally I went and did the driveway for the older woman that lives on the other side of me. She's in Florida until April, but it helps to give the house that lived in look, for security reasons. The old JD never flinched or clogged today.  I didn't get any pictures today, because no one was home to take one, so I'll post this one from the last storm, because I had this happen a few times today. I don't know, I think a good ole gust of snowblow in the face is refreshing. Yeah, right I was soaked when I finished, but overall, a good morning.
                                                                                                                                                                            Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
toroman

Reply #34   Feb 23, 2005 9:02 pm
Vangellis wrote:
OK, it's 3 times now. We got about 5 to 6 inches of mildly wet snow. I went out at 6:15 am to get my wife's car cleaned and cut at least a path for her to go to work. I owe her. I work nights and she's gone out on countless nights and warmed my car up and cleaned off dustings from the car. What a gal. I then went about the task of finishing off my driveway and my paths around the yard. Although the next door neighbor has a blower, he wasn't out. I went over and checked with him and he felt there wasn't enough snow to blow, since they have 4 wheel drives. They forget that when this stuff melts then freezes the driveway turns to a sheet of ice. This guy lets me use his wood splitter so I told him I'd do it anyway. After I finished his, I went to the next house down and did an older couples driveway. They have a nice Simplicity blower, but the husband just got double knee replacement, so I didn't think he'd be up to the task.  LOL. Finally I went and did the driveway for the older woman that lives on the other side of me. She's in Florida until April, but it helps to give the house that lived in look, for security reasons. The old JD never flinched or clogged today.  I didn't get any pictures today, because no one was home to take one, so I'll post this one from the last storm, because I had this happen a few times today. I don't know, I think a good ole gust of snowblow in the face is refreshing. Yeah, right I was soaked when I finished, but overall, a good morning.
                                                                                                                                                                            Kevin

Awesome picture , man  what is snowblower heaven

By the way guys  we got  about 10 cm in Montreal on Monday, took the BEAST out again for a walk , only one driveway though

Cheers

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #35   Feb 23, 2005 9:55 pm
I am hoping that we get the 5 inches expected tomorrow afternoon.  Then maybe something Monday into Tuesday.  I have only used the beast once, and am already starting to make the preparations. 
Vangelis, you ought to put that winter picture in your profile as your avatar.  Abbysguide has this nice feature where you can just copy and paste, then resize with arrows. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42