Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Would love to see...........

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Would love to see...........
Original Message   Feb 14, 2005 8:59 pm
I would love to see how many times a thread has been viewed. We have a few thread here that have been very busy! I would also love to see how many guests are online too.

Admin's been real good at providing features though! Maybe it's something they will add in the near future?

I would post this in the support section but I'm not really requesting formally, more of a comment on your guys threads. Great subjects!
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
OldToroOwner

Re: Would love to see...........
Reply #1   Feb 14, 2005 9:23 pm
I'll second that!

The old forum had better features.

But, I digress....

OldToroOwner

Reply #2   Feb 14, 2005 9:30 pm
Marshall wrote:
I would love to see how many times a thread has been viewed. We have a few thread here that have been very busy! I would also love to see how many guests are online too.

Marshall-

wow..I just noticed that you can see who's online...it's about 3" down on the right side of the page( below the ads!!)

Cool....

Marshall

Reply #3   Feb 14, 2005 9:36 pm
OldToroOwner wrote:
Marshall-

wow..I just noticed that you can see who's online...it's about 3" down on the right side of the page( below the ads!!)

Cool....

Yea, the more time you spend here the more you like it! I like it overall better than the old forum, did I say that?

What it doesn't show you on the right side, are the number of guests viewing, in addition to members. A lot of people will not login, just come and read. That's what I am curious of, how many we have at any given time.
This message was modified Feb 14, 2005 by Marshall
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #4   Feb 14, 2005 11:48 pm
I agree,  it would be very helpful to see how many times a post has been read and how many TOTAL people are online.  On days you are in a rush and just checking in you could see what is clearly an active thread and check it out.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
buttlint

Reply #5   Feb 15, 2005 8:50 am
I agree on hit counts.
And how about a little more "help" behind the "Help" button at the top of the page.....ie.....how too post pics, links, signing up.. etc.
Not many new guys are going too know how too get too the "support forum" the minute they walk into the door.
The first thing they are going too do is push the help button at the top of the page and finding only information about Moderators and Points just isnt going too be that helpful too them.
And they are not going too want too sift thru all of the posts @ support or "ask" for help if they have never posted before.
Marshall

Reply #6   Feb 15, 2005 9:19 am
No doubt Lint, agreed.
Blue9R

Reply #7   Feb 15, 2005 10:21 am
Good Morning!

Would love to see the Log In/ ID Name of the current post on a thread, it's easier to keep track of "who is saying what".

LOL, reminds me of signing on to WTB in the morning and seeing JoeF, like clockwork, working his way thru each thread & adding his "2 cents worth."

Blue

terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #8   Feb 15, 2005 10:50 am
Marshall wrote:

Admin's been real good at providing features though! Maybe it's something they will add in the near future?

I would post this in the support section but I'm not really requesting formally, more of a comment on your guys threads. Great subjects!

I would as well, in addition to being able to see the most recent poster to a thread.

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
buttlint

Reply #9   Feb 15, 2005 11:53 am
Hit count shows if there is any "real" interest in a topic...
Where post counts could just indicate that 2 guys are having a master-debating session between themselves...and not worth the effort of a click.
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #10   Feb 15, 2005 11:59 am
Would love to see the Log In/ ID Name of the current post

That was a definate plus.  A lot of times some of the  sub-subjects  from the initial post start going into other threads at the same time, and the thing gets juggled and spread,(to over exzagerate, people start talikng about 19 different things in many diff places on the same subject)  Then it dies from lack of input into the central post. Like Blue9r said, easier of keepin track of who is saying what.

Yes I remember JoeF.  First one I ran into when I found WTB last year.  Ain't gonna say anything bad cause when I came in , was cause I need help etc,  and he accomplished that.  Then I noticed the pattern etc.  After my own long absence when I re-found this I couldn't believe he wasn't in here.  My opinion is if he is out there, then he is in here somewhere. He had a site called something like Poncho Man, cause he was into pontiacs. (who is that masked man?)

Ben07 

This message was modified Feb 16, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42