Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Worth a look

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Worth a look
Original Message   Feb 14, 2005 5:42 pm
Check out Ebay#4358052867. Never saw one before but I think I'm in love!

Must be Valentines day,

Marc

This message was modified Feb 14, 2005 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 6 - 15 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: Worth a look
Reply #6   Feb 14, 2005 6:58 pm
No reserve, holy moley, I read it as no reverse.

I lost the glasses I use to look for my glasses.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Feb 14, 2005 7:06 pm
robmints wrote:
No reserve, holy moley, I read it as no reverse.

I lost the glasses I use to look for my glasses.

LOL...

I gave that unit a good look years ago out of curiousity, it is the track drive model but wheels instead of tracks.  Just like that huge 45 inch width monster MTD makes under the Cub name I considered it a novelty if nothing else.  Actually I would like to try both of those units out on my drive lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Feb 14, 2005 7:21 pm
I like the 4x4 logo.  That makes it rougher looking. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #9   Feb 14, 2005 7:44 pm
looks impressive...

i would like to see the gear box in the front end.

thats where the new ones have all the trouble...i spend way too much time in the bucket of them.

they still make a 4 wheel unit but the wheels are all on same axle.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Feb 14, 2005 7:46 pm
Nice truck in the background.
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #11   Feb 14, 2005 7:48 pm
Chris when you looked at it what wheels did what.  Reason I am askin is at first I think you would think it would be a bear to turn, unless two differentials.  Na Too expensive.  two wheels on one side, na wouldn't go straight in high snow an still be hard to turn.  I would guess very similar to a 4x4 , one drive wheel on each axil on opposite sides, (like rf an lr).  so that when you turned there wouldn't be any two wheels pinned on the same axil, however when you did turn would have to lift up on the drive lever to let everything free wheel.  Similar to putting your four wheel drive truck's transfer case in neutral.  If that is the case,  it would be almost as good as a differential unit, ,  an almost the capabilities of toro power steer cept no power when you turn.  However you might be able to spin that baby around as easy as a shopping cart at the food store.

If it is cheaper an almost as good, who knows it may be used again with success. 

Hurry  up get the owner in here to write a review before he sells it!!

Ben07

Oh P.S.your question on that 4wd snow blower,  don't know how they did it, but apparently that is an example of the full statement,  it is 4 wheel drive,  all 4 drive and they are in full lock-up with each other, no slippage etc.  .the trigger mechanism  somehow unlocks one complete side or the other when turning.. Did they do it with belts,  they could have  but my personal guess if I were a betting man and the way I would do it would be with another gear or a chain system.

This message was modified Feb 20, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
jogo

Reply #12   Feb 14, 2005 7:51 pm
A review and a link...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/home_improvement/1275641.html?page=2&c=y

Made in 1995...

few more pics at link..

"

With its four-wheel configuration, this Tecumseh-powered 8.5-hp machine fits the niche between track-drive units and smaller dual-wheel throwers. However, the four wheels are far from the whole story.

For maximum traction, two-wheel snowthrowers have both wheels locked to the axle. Manually freeing one wheel before you start out makes for easier steering, but you lose that wheel for traction. Cub Cadet's steerable 826 has an on-the-fly drive-disengagement mechanism. Here, a small lever under each handle frees the wheels on that side so turning in that direction is easier. In the straight-ahead position, there's power to both sides.

The system really works, and with a little practice, you can spin this heavy machine on a dime. You'll still wrestle with it a bit on tight turns, but slow curves are effortless.

The Model 826 has a descriptive control panel with a lever for six forward and two reverse speeds (Photo 1). A second lever controls chute tilt, and an electric motor adjusts chute rotation (Photo 2). The handle-mounted auger and drive levers feature an auger-lock system so you can keep moving with one hand (Photo 3), and there are even electric heaters in the grips (Photo 4).

We found that the 20-in.-high x 26-in.-wide chute gobbled up everything in its path. Only when deep snow reached the top of the chute did our overloaded 826 lose forward motion due to slippage in the internal drive clutch.

Complete with electric start, the Cub Cadet 826 costs about $1300 at Cub Cadet dealers. Contact Cub Cadet, P.O. Box 368023, Cleveland, OH 44136; www.cubcadet.com."

This message was modified Feb 14, 2005 by jogo

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #13   Feb 14, 2005 7:55 pm
Ok thanks, so it is similar to the toro power steer cept four wheels  Thank you

Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
18Degrees

Reply #14   Feb 14, 2005 8:35 pm
i had some interest in that one for my 18 degrees driveway, but felt the track  drive would give more tracktion.  For the price i saw at the time for a new one I'm glad i got what i did.      

18  degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #15   Feb 14, 2005 8:40 pm
LOL, now we know. That's pretty good. 
Replies: 6 - 15 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42