Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > anybody know about hydro trannys

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

anybody know about hydro trannys
Original Message   Feb 13, 2005 5:38 pm
im curious if a hydro tranny from a tractor would work properly if mounted on its side...

see where im going with this dont you.

if it can function on its side i may try to stick one under the hood of my  lil crapsman

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
boblloyd

"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

Re: anybody know about hydro trannys
Reply #1   Feb 13, 2005 10:11 pm
I don't know much about them though I have one in my lawn tractor.  The manual does warn about air getting trapped in the system during shipping and gives a procedure for purging it.  I doubt it would work well on its side though maybe it could be modified.     -Bob
millwright

MIllwrights keep the world running

Reply #2   Feb 14, 2005 9:12 pm
Triying to run the track drive .had an old blower which was hydro  viking or eaton these have a small charge pump in side one pump to feed other dont no the set up you have might be fine if fluid level is set right small sprockett and chain .and a star is born a cronda.

millwright

lland

Reply #3   Feb 15, 2005 9:45 am
I have a little hydraulic jack that doesn't work on it's side so I'd guess that unless it was designed to, it wouldn't.

Maybe when I get home tonight, I'll push my tractor onto it's side and see what happens! 

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42